Friday, January 12, 2018

Birthday Presents

American Eagle---15% off my entire purchase (haven't shopped here in years--it's where I took the girls)
Bonefish Grill---free Bang Bang Shrimp (yum!)
Christopher & Banks---15% off entire purchase (don't need any clothes)
Godiva Chocolates---a free chocolate (don't need it but might get it if I'm at the mall--unlikely)
Honey Baked Ham---the email said have lunch on them for my birthday, but in actuality, I have to buy one lunch to get one free! (not doing it---well, maybe I might)
Lipsense---10% off and free shipping (I'll be placing an order)
Macy's---free shipping on any purchase.
Panera Bread---free bagel every day this month (this might not be related to my birthday, but I'm claiming it!) Then I also got a free birthday pastry. I'm definitely getting these.
Pillsbury Dough Boy---(yes, that's right) 9 birthday treats recipes I can make for myself (I don't think so)
Red Lobster---free Tasting Plate (whatever that is)
Regal Cinema---free small popcorn (which I'll be using today as I see The Commuter)
Scrapbook.com---$5.00 off my next order (certainly don't need any scrapbooking supplies---plus this wouldn't even cover the shipping!)
Starbucks---free food or drink (they only give you two days to get it before it expires)
Sun Glass Hut---$50.00 off a $200.00 purchase (this is actually a good deal if you need sunglasses---which I don't)
Vera Bradley--25% off my entire purchase (don't need anything from VB)

Texts: 23
Emails: 9
Cards: 5
Calls: 3
Instagram posts: 1
Facebook well wishes: Oh my gosh---I can't even begin to count!
Messenger: 4 (I don't really understand this. It's just like a text, so I don't get the difference)
Well wishes at bridge: 8

Gifts: 7 (including those 2 inheritance checks from mom!) and 4 more on the way!
Gift to myself: not making my bed today (actually, I was running a little late due to a long phone call from Sandy)! Yeah, that's my story.
Gift I'm buying myself: That air fryer like I gave Justin for Christmas.
Gift I would love to buy for myself if I could fit in to it:
This adorable Kate Spade dress with little pink Chevy convertibles. It's hard to see, but it has "off we go" written here and there.
Of course I would have to have the matching purse too! OMGosh! I wouldn't care what it cost!! I love Kate Spade! (Trivia: did you know that Kate Spade is the sister-in-law of David Spade? She's married to his older brother.)

So, after I got ready and didn't make my bed, I went to Panera and got my free bagel and birthday pastry. I got the cranberry orange muffin. It was AMAZING!! I have never had a muffin there before and I cannot describe the flavor--okay, I guess it was orange and cranberry! It was just delicious. I also went by Starbucks and got the "snickerdoodle hot chocolate."
OMGosh! It was so good. I only drank half because with each sip, I kept thinking that it had to be a kazillion calories since it was so creamy and good! Plus, if I'm honest, it wasn't tea. When it comes to hot drinks, tea is my first choice. Since it was a free drink, I wanted to try something more expensive! It seemed less like a drink and more like a dessert. After the muffin, I just wasn't hungry.

I played bridge---but it wasn't a good day at the bridge table. We came in about 7th or 8th of 13 teams.

When I got home, I pulled in to the driveway to see Sara (my garden girl) and her son, hauling our gigantic, 125 lb. nutcracker around to the garage. She said that she didn't want me to have to help Butch with it. Then she wished me a happy birthday. Social media!

After a little reading (having a tough time with our book club book--A Gentleman from Moscow--highly rated, but most of us are struggling) and a brief nap, Butch and I went to Home Depot to look at side-by-side refrigerators. He made reservations at the Bonefish Grill. We used our coupon for the Bang Bang Shrimp. I got the sangria as I always do. It's homemade and the best I've ever had anywhere! I ordered the lobster stuffed shrimp with spinach and au gratin potatoes (brought most of that home---too full). We shared the key lime pie for dessert. I'm not a huge key lime pie lover, but I do love theirs. It has a pecan crust. Butch loves key lime pie and even agrees that this is the best ever---anywhere!

Back home, in to my jammies and chilling in front of the tv! It was a  pretty perfect birthday!

Thanks to all for the well wishes! It was a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a great list of gifts!

    Keep going with A Gentleman in Moscow - it's really really good, although it bogs down a little in the middle, it all comes together in the end.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.