Thursday, December 7, 2017

The Weekend

On Saturday, the girls and I went to Cheekwood (our botanic gardens) to decorate gingerbread houses. I just watch---it's really not my thing!

When we arrived, we got in line to pick up our houses. There was a table where you could decorate Christie Cookie sugar cookies. (Side note: Butch works with the owner of Christie Cookies with his strategic planning). 
Mindy and Jordan immediately started decorating one (or two) because they were hungry.

After about an hour, the houses were finished. It's always a competition, so we sent photos to the guys for the vote.



 Jordan and Stephanie ended up being the winners this year.

We had lunch at Crumb de la Crumb afterwards. I hadn't been there in a year or two. I was pretty disappointed---it just wasn't that good.

When I got home, I did a little baking.
I was surprised at how small the yolks were in these large eggs! This one was about the size of a quarter.
I made sausage balls for the first time. I followed the recipe on the back of the Bisquick box. As I read through the recipe, I noticed the line by the asterisk. I've never seen anything like that on a recipe before.

I also made spinach balls.  l like to have some things in the freezer during the holidays.

On Sunday, Butch and Mindy went to the Titans game.

In the meantime, I decided to have balls for lunch!
I had the brussel sprouts leftover from dinner. It was all good!

Meanwhile, Stephanie sent me this picture of Nicky. He made that face when she told him what Christmas movie they were going to watch next! Since they had already watched several, he thought he was finished with Christmas movies. Rio (in the background) was happy that he was distracted and didn't realize she was getting in to trouble with the tree!

It's that time of year with a lot of fun activities going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.