Saturday, December 9, 2017

The Latest Needlepoint

I guess it's been about a year since we started this project. Stephanie, Mindy, Connie and I picked this sampler to stitch. We each picked our own color scheme. Connie finished hers first.
She went with blues and greens and decided on a picture rather than a pillow.
This is Stephanie's. She has hers sitting in a chair in her living room.

And this is mine. I decided to make it for my bedroom. I'm running out of places for needlepoint pillows!
I love that we all picked a different color scheme. That makes them each look so different even though they are the exact same pattern! Mindy's is going to be awesome---when she finishes it! She's using a black, silver, white and lime green color scheme.

And then there's this:
While I was working on this canvas, the girls (big and little) thought it was pretty neat. I wasn't sure who I was going to give it to. I decided to make it a game prize at Thanksgiving! As it ended up, Jordan got it, but then Carter really wanted it. She gave it to him. At first I was a little distressed that one of the girls wasn't going to have it. But then, I found out that Carter thinks my needlework is pretty awesome. That made me happy. He's the first guy to show any appreciation for it! Notice the cute little Christmas tree background! 

Now I'm working on my 3D santa. It's fun, but a few of the stitches are killing me!

1 comment:

  1. Your needle work is outstanding!!!
    Love that you all worked from the same pattern, so cool and they are all so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.