Sunday, September 10, 2017

Things I Don't Understand!

There are a lot of things I don't understand. But here are a few things I've come across lately that have me stymied.

1. I saw an ad for lipstick. They say it's "non-toxic" (duhhh, you're using it on your lips. Surely it cannot contain toxins!), "gluten free" (I guess in case you want a snack and decide to munch on your lipstick) and "cruelty free" (I guess that's why we don't see lipstick on pigs anymore)! Seriously, what does all of this mean? I don't understand it.

2. 
What??? I was tempted to go inside and ask, but I didn't. Eventually, my curiosity might get the best of me. I don't understand it.

3.
Okay, I have a confession to make. When I saw this sign, I made Sandy pull over so I could take the picture. I said, "Oh My Gosh! I didn't think this sort of thing was still going on!" She said, "I think it has something to do with blood." That's when I realized that Phlebotomy was NOT a LOBOTOMY. Still, why waste a perfectly good picture with a story to go with it. I have no idea what this really is all about. I don't understand it.

3.
I have no words. I just don't understand it.

4. 
I give. I don't understand it.

5. A couple weeks ago, Mindy was telling us about a new workout class she wanted to try. It's called "Goat Yoga!" Yes, there really are goats involved. Apparently, you go out in to the country somewhere and do yoga while goats climb on you. I really don't understand that!

6.  
This vinyl game sheet has completely disintegrated. It's not been exposed to extreme temperatures. It's been in the game closet. And NO, it's not the work of mice. I just don't understand it.

And there you have it. Another odd list. I should have stopped at 5 or come up with 4 more to make it 10. I don't know why that bothers me so much. I just don't understand it!

1 comment:

  1. Quite a list and some very illustrative shots. I guess 'cruelty-free' means that none of the ingredients were tested in a way which causes distress or pain to animals; and our local hospital 'phlebotomist' takes blood samples from patients. I remember one was often sent for when the nurses had difficulty doing it for my Mum (some veins are more tricky than others) as the phlebotomist had a special skill and training. Hoping you find out the meaning for the rest :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.