Monday, September 4, 2017

It's That Time of Year Again!

And by that I mean---BACK TO SCHOOL!! I think it's appropriate that I post this on Labor Day. When I was little we started school the day after! Nowadays, they start school in August. They do get out earlier---by Memorial Day, so I guess it's a fair trade-off.

I can't believe that I don't have any littles to take first day of school pictures with. I always loved those. At our house, I always made pancakes on the first day. Then we'd go out on the front porch and take the pictures. Even when Jordan and Morgan were little, they came here for breakfast and those pictures. I wanted to post a few of those photos for "old time's sake" but unfortunately, I do not have them on my computer. Plus I have to say, this is the first time I can see my scrapbooking as a negative! I have no idea what album those photos might be in. I wish I'd scanned them to my computer. Actually, I do have old disks loaded with photos, but I'm not going to go back and try to find them. I'll settle for these pictures from 2017 of some of my favorite "littles!"
My great nephew, Travis started kindergarten this year.
 He loves school and was excited to get to ride the bus--even on his first day. That's brave, he just went in to the unknown!! Maybe he had already visited his classroom and met his teacher. Probably. I can't imagine any little kid would want to just hop on a bus and go who knows where!
 First day was a success! Even the bus ride! I guess the bus driver tells the kids when it's their turn to get off. Otherwise, that would be an awful lot of responsibility for a 5 year old to pay attention and know where his stop is!
 My niece, Jackie, is always so good about sending me pictures of the girls. Evie started kindergarten too! Josie, is off to her normal little preschool---or grandma's depending on the day!
And now for MY "littles" who aren't so little anymore! Elizabeth started 7th grade and Victoria is a junior! She says her school is cold. Hmmmm, even in August? Teenagers! Who knows why they do what they do?
And then there are these two. Just about like family---a couple of my favorite "littles!"
Analise is in the 8th grade this year while little "bro" (she claims he's her BFF---that was on his birthday, so I'm not quite buying it!), Merritt is in 5th. 

I hope they all have the best school year. They can rest assured I'll be watching "Snow Bird" to see the school closings. I don't know why I do that when it doesn't even affect me anymore. I just like doing it! And the craziest part is I watch it over and over! 

Oh wait, Snow Bird got fired! I don't know how I'll find out the school closings now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.