Saturday, September 9, 2017

A Few Things Making me Happy!

1. Will and Grace are coming back! I never watched the show when it aired, but Mindy had the boxed set. I watched them all and couldn't believe I'd missed it when it was on the air! I hope the re-make is just as good---you know what they say about "you can't go back?" I hope they are wrong this time.

I'm not sure I feel the same way about Rosanne. It's coming back too. I'll give it a try for "old time's sake" and because I did like what's his name---the guy who played Dan. He's from Arnold, MO! We liked Rosanne for a few years, but got tired of it and quit watching long before they took it off the air.

2. I'm happy that Butch managed to "catch" the lone mouse in the kitchen. I was skeptical as there has to be more than one mouse---you know there must be dozens. Anyway, I guess only one figured out how to get in. There's only one thing worse than mice---PANTRY MOTHS! I'll take mice any day!

3. I'm loving my new car. My favorite feature would have to be the phone app to start my car! When I go to Charlotte in October, I'm going to see if I can start it from there. And then from Europe! I can't see a time I'd ever really need to start my car from that far away, I just want to know if it can be done! Of course, I'll have to make sure Butch is there, otherwise how would I know if it worked? He'll probably think I'm crazy!

4. I've had my first fire of the season! It went down in to the 40's last night. The house was definitely chilly when I got up. This is not really good news, considering I was planning an "end of the season" pool party for Friday. I've already cancelled that---the water is way too cold now. Plus the temperatures in the day are only the low 70's this week. This is all really early for Nashville. I'm pretty sure we'll have more hot days to come. Still, not enough to warm the pool back up. "Sayanora floating days! See ya next year!"

5. Celebrity sightings. It's not unusual to see celebrities in Nashville. In fact, Mindy has a few living in her building. Most recently, Carrie Underwood was at the "eclipse" party at their pool. Mindy and Justin arrived right after she left! So, that's not exactly a sighting, but still... She did see Steven Tyler in her condo lobby several months ago. She/we think some record company owns the penthouse that they loan out. She also has some sports figures that live there, but since those names mean nothing to me, I don't even remember them.
Butch saw Luke Bryan and Kix Brooks on the golf course at Richland last week. He didn't really talk to them, but said "hi" when Kix walked by. I was shocked that he snapped this photo. That's so unlike him. He knew Sandy would love it! And so did I!

6. When we were at Ellis Island, I bought this Passport to National Parks. I thought it was a great idea and way to remember our trips.
 It looks sort of like a passport and is about the same size.
 At each park, you can stamp your book. I just wish we'd started it sooner.
You can also buy these stamps for the book. I ordered quite a few from previous trips. I had Butch help me with dates. I sort of saw this as a little travel scrapbook. I thought I would add tickets stubs and little notes about our trips. Unfortunately, there's not enough room for that. There isn't even enough room to visit ALL the parks---which has become a "bucket list" item for us. Hmm, that's given me an idea. I should just start another little book just for trips. Yeah, I'm going to do that.

7. OMGosh! After 46 years of marriage, Butch made the bed for the very first time! We had a repairman coming, so I guess he was embarrassed?
 Notice anything? Hey, I'm not complaining! I don't even put the decorative pillows on EVERY day!

8. This made me smile when I pulled in to the bank. It's PINK! What's not to love?
 Actually, I'm a little surprised. Pink doesn't exactly shout "business!"

9 These girls! They always make me happy---especially when they get to be together!
I just love this picture. I don't get very many of just the three of them.

Well, that's all I've got. Surely I cannot end with just 9! Okay, here's the tenth.

10. Thinking, thinking, thinking. Gosh, I can't think of anything. Oh wait, I'm so happy to finally have station 350 on my Sirius radio in the new Jeep. It's called "Red, White and Booze!" Sandy is the one who turned me on to it, but I didn't have it before now. At least I'll have the premium package for a year! That does make me happy!


1 comment:

  1. Your three belles are indeed beautiful :). I admire your ability to stick with anyone who has never made a bed! Hoping you have lots more warm days or at least warm fires in the evening - I always look forward to putting one on in the autumn too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.