Friday, July 28, 2017

The Bachelorette




I admit it. I watch The Bachelorette. In fact, I watch all the Bachelor/Bachelorette/Bachelor in Paradise shows. Yes, they are trashy. I admit that too. I sometimes think, "parents must be so proud seeing their son/daughter acting so badly on network television." 

I can't help myself. One little excuse is that there is nothing on during the summer. That excuse doesn't hold up during the rest of the year. I don't know, I guess I just want to see all the drama--which is usually so stupid. But last week, I really think they went too far.  I think it’s really lousy what the show and Rachel did to Dean. To expose him and his family on national tv like that was horrible. I feel so sorry for him. I’m going to leave a comment to ABC. To me, this was total exploitation at the expense of a really nice guy. Here's the story:

His mother died when he was a teenager. His dad went off the deep end and the family fell apart. Dean had not seen, nor spoken to his father in years. The show got involved and they filmed the sad reunion. The dad is still some religious whack job. It was so sad to see. And then, the worst insult of all---right after exploiting the situation in the name of entertainment---Rachel sent Dean home! 

So sad! Almost makes me want to stop watching. But I won't. I don't even know why or have a good excuse. 

PS I did complain to the show. I never heard a word back. Now maybe I'll quit watching. Nah! Okay, never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.