Saturday, July 29, 2017

Mashpee, MA

We're in Cape Cod---staying at the beautiful home of our friends, David and Linda.
 I was here 10 years ago when they first bought the place. I remembered how beautiful it was. The flowers all over Cape Cod are gorgeous and plentiful.
 The house is open and welcoming.
 We're spending most of our time here---reading and stitching. It looked better before we junked it up!
Linda has a knack for decorating and every detail is just perfect.
I thought it was hilarious that she still has the picture that Pam and I put in "our" room!

There just one problem. It's July and frickin', freezing cold!! I did not bring a sweater or jacket. Luckily, I always travel with my pashminas. This time I only brought one---and it doesn't go with everything! That's okay, I'm not above using a bath towel while sitting around!
We went to dinner last night. They had to have the heaters on. We still opted for inside. I had the BEST clam chowder that I've ever had. It was thick, creamy and delicious. Butch and I split a bowl. I also had the baked scallops---so good!
 This morning, the guys (Butch and David) played golf, while Jack drove us girls to Sandwich, MA. We browsed the shops---all housed in homes from the 1800's---like this one! I just love old homes!
The flowers...everywhere! They certainly like this climate!

There's just one more thing wrong.
I about freaked when I saw this! David is disrespecting his computer! I LOVE my computer. Nobody better, ever do that to mine!

We're having so much fun. We played "99" last night. I lost about $3.00. Connie was the big winner.
We'll see what we play tonight....

1 comment:

  1. I smiled when I read your comment about it being chilly (I always take pashminas away with me too) us Brits never go anywhere without an extra layer to put on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.