Monday, May 15, 2017

Monday Memos, Mail and Me

I got a few fun things this week by way of mail.
Given that there was a news report at the beginning of last summer that 90% or  95% of all foot and ankle injuries are caused by flip flops---AND my slip, fall and broken ankle while wearing flip flops last summer, I decided that I'm not going to wear flip flops except at the pool or if I get a pedicure. So, I was on the quest for come cute sandals that are securely attached to my feet.
 I like to call these my Jimmy Choo knock-offs by Aerosoles. They are cute for sure!
These are not quite as cute but more practical. I can still remember when I was willing to sacrifice comfort for cute. Not any more. Sadly. I always loved shoes.
 This is what I'm down to. I had triple this back in the day! Most of these are comfortable.
 Then there's my tennis shoes. I need to get rid of a few of these.
And my boots which rarely get worn. On the far left are my water shoes for the float trips we rarely take.
Lastly, this shower stool was delivered this week. We (meaning Christy and I) decided to go with this rather than having a built in seat in the shower. This is more practical since you can move it around.

So that's about it for anything interesting in the mail this week. If you are hungry for more posts about mail, check out the other posts at From High in the Sky.

2 comments:

  1. I'm getting to the point where comfort definitely wins over cute. And my children won't let me hear the end of it. Some day in the future they'll get it..

    Enjoy your lovely new sandals and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone once said to me that you know you're getting older when you pick up a shoe from a display because it looks 'comfy' rather than high fashion!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.