Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Deviled Eggs Shortcut

I think everyone will agree that the most tedious part of making deviled eggs is peeling the eggs. Well, I thought I would share my foolproof method--with a tutorial.

 Start with boiling the eggs.
 Drain and flush with cold water. Drain again.
 Put a lid on the pot and start shaking vigorously.
 Nope, not done yet.
 Shake a little longer.
 Now they are ready---when you see the shells actually falling off.
 Put some more water over them.
 The peels will literally slide off.

 Couldn't be easier.
My sister,  Jennifer, owner of Wicked Chicken eggs says that the fresher the eggs are the harder they are to peel. If I lived closer to her, I'd have some really fresh eggs to try.
My friend, Nancy had this nifty deviled egg holder. I found a similar one (maybe the same) at The Container Store and put it on my Christmas list. Morgan bought it for me. I love it!! It holds 24 deviled eggs. I make them a lot.

We had them yesterday for our Mother's Day pool party and barbecue. Butch did burgers on the grill.

And yes, we all got in the pool.
It was cold, but when you are on these floats, you are on top of the water. It was really pleasant.
Jordan brought her new puppy---a border collie. I have to say, it's pretty cute.

It was a nice relaxing day. After the gang left, I spent the rest of the afternoon reading. I'm reading the best book now---Daughters of the Dragon. Stephanie picked it for book club. I'm not going to be there since we'll be in Salt Lake City with Walter and Chris. But, I'm going to give my review ahead of time.

Speaking of books, I just finished another really good one. In fact, it was so good, that we've picked it for our family book club for our summer vacation. Hillbilly Elegy: a Memoir by J. Vance. There is much to discuss with this book.

Hope you had a good Mother's Day too!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try that egg peeling trick -we really like deviled eggs around here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.