Monday, April 17, 2017

Monday Memos, Mail and Me

I must say, I am really enjoying this meme. Thanks to Sian for making me pay attention to the fun stuff---and sometimes---not so fun stuff that comes in the mail each week!

Well, we're finally nearing the end of our renovation. There is going to be a couple installations this week. Still, it's going to be another 2-3 weeks before the mirrors and shower doors are made and installed.

The first thing I received this week was the replacement for the broken crystal in the ceiling fixture. The customer service person was so nice to deal with. I always believe that honesty is the best policy. So, I was honest and told the girl that we dropped and broke it upon installation. I was surprised that she said they'd send a replacement at no charge.


We also got this sweet note from Sandy:

A nice thank you for our New York trip last week.

Stephanie and Nicky moved on Friday. It was stressful all the way around. Buying and selling houses is so nerve-wracking! Anyway, we worked all day on Saturday---unpacking. Butch and I got home around 4:30. I had prepared a few Easter dishes that morning and had another few things to do that night. We decided to just order pizza for dinner. We NEVER order pizza unless the whole gang is here. Anyway, I ordered online. I got the message that it was going to take about an hour and five minutes. No problem, I would just continue my cooking chores. About 20 minutes later, the pizza arrived.

On Sunday, I got the following email---just because my order was earlier than they predicted? Okay, that's fine by me!
Yesterday, you trusted us with your order and we let you down. We messed up and we owe you an apology.

Let us make it up to you. As a token of our commitment to earn back your trust, please enjoy a free Large Pizza. Click below to redeem your free item by 05/15/2017.

If you decide to add this item to a delivery, make sure that your order meets the minimum purchase requirement.

We look forward to serving you again soon.



3 comments:

  1. That's one of the strangest examples of customer service I've ever come across. But it went in your favour, so it's all good I guess!

    Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Left hand and right hand not communicating too well, clearly! But how nice they thought to apologise (even if not necessary), unlike some other companies in the news this week. Hope all goes well with the rest of the renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad there was no trouble getting the replacement crystal. Hope y'all had a nice Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.