Thursday, April 13, 2017

Just in Time for Easter

I thought I'd share a recipe for Easter. This is that recipe that you've probably had in many different ways. This is the original one that came from my grandma Zimmermann in the early 1970's. 


Lemon Torte (from my Grandma Zimmermann)
Step 1:
1 cup four
1 stick margarine
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Pat in to 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. Cool.

Step 2:
8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
Blend then fold in 1 cup of Cool Whip. Spread on cooled crust.

Step 3:
2 small lemon instant pudding
3 cups milk
Mix and let stand until thickened. Spread over cream cheese layer.

Step 4:
Refrigerate. Before serving, top with Cool Whip and chopped pecans.

My grandma noted that she would make the crust days ahead and do the rest before company came.

I cherish the fact that I have it written in her beautiful handwriting. It's important y'all---that in this day of computers, you leave samples of your handwriting behind for your grandchildren.

You probably have different versions of this recipe. There's one called Peanut Pudding Dessert, Better than Robert Redford (contains pistachio pudding) and Better than Sex Cake (with chocolate). 

"A dessert by any other name is still as sweet" (and delicious)! Sorry Shakespeare!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.