Sunday, January 8, 2017

Still Beautiful

I certainly got my money's worth out of my flowers this holiday season.
 The amaryllis bloomed right in time for Christmas and lasted about another week after.
I love mums at Christmas. These are now 3 weeks old and still going strong. The little poinsettias look fabulous and we got them on November 10! I'll definitely buy them again next year.
And of course, my beautiful poinsettia from Nicky still looks great!

And then there's this---not exactly flowers but sort of looks like flowers:
I came home from St. Louis to this on the front porch. No one claimed responsibility. Then, on Tuesday, when I was stitching, Linda Confessed! She said she bought the brussel sprouts for me since I had never seen them sold this way. They were delicious!

Do you buy yourself flowers for the holidays?

3 comments:

  1. Well, I don't actually buy flowers for myself . . . but Robbie does! :) He bought me a beautiful batch of yellow roses to begin the new year & they are looking lovely on the table still today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers have lasted beautifully; I can never keep leaves on poinsettas. Like your brussel sprouts stem - I remember picking these on the farm when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly? I'm a bit cheap to buy my own flowers. But I was given a beautiful bunch at the weekend by a friend of TNSSO, as a thank you for passing on some scrapbook supplies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.