Friday, December 9, 2016

Does Anyone Know What This Means?

I'm getting this message on my blog. I have no idea if I'm using cookies. What to do?

European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent.

As a courtesy, we have added a notice on your blog to explain Google's use of certain Blogger and Google cookies, including use of Google Analytics and AdSense cookies.

You are responsible for confirming this notice actually works for your blog, and that it displays. If you employ other cookies, for example by adding third party features, this notice may not work for you. Learn more about this notice and your responsibilities.
Dismiss this notification
Your HTTPS settings have changed. All visitors are now able to view your blog over an encrypted connection by visiting https://barbaraeads.blogspot.com. Existing links and bookmarks to your blog will continue to work. Learn more.


3 comments:

  1. I got that message months ago. I believe those are both good things. I typed your blog address into my browser using a foreign suffix instead of .com and the notice did indeed pop up. I'm sure you've probably seen that on other blogs that you visit overseas. Anyway, I think you are good to go. If the notice doesn't go away after you x it out, I am not sure what to do about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been getting it for months too and I tried googling about it and it all got too complicated, so I decided that as my blog worked I didn't need to know any more. Don't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is Google covering their a**e they are informing you of the EU laws about what you have to tell people so they can be informed that there are cookies if they read your blog. If you have imported elements to your blog format that doesn't originate with Google then the cookies notice might not work and now it is your responsibility so Google don't get sued. If someone reads my blog and doesn't understand that every website likes to put cookies on your computer these days then they should put the machine back in the box and stay away from this here intarwebby. I don't worry about it, and I live over here in Rightpondia!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.