Monday, April 25, 2016

Saturday/Sunday

It's been a really fun weekend. I started Saturday cleaning out my chest of drawers. You know, work before play!! Then I spent a few hours in my scrapbook room--that felt so good! There's nothing like playing with photos, paper and a good story.
I was having trouble getting my title letters to stick to the glittered red star. Since the layout is about wrapped Christmas gifts, I decided to just tape them down. That worked perfect!

After scrapbooking, I decided to take my book outside to enjoy the gorgeous weather. BTW I finished The Lake House by Kate Morton on Friday night. Excellent! Definitely read it. I've just started one of my book club books---When Breath Becomes Air---a memoir about a neurosurgeon who gets brain cancer. I have to read book club books closer to our meeting or I can't remember much.

The "kids" came over after lunch for their first day at the pool. The water is way too cold yet, but everything else about the day was perfect for catching a few rays.
Stephanie posted a photo on Facebook with the caption: "Who says it's not summer?"

Butch immediately texted her with the picture below.

He said everything was quiet at the beach. He had a great couple of days---took care of business, played golf, attended the homeowner's meeting and still had plenty of time to lounge on the beach.

I was really looking forward to Saturday night. I had invited myself to go along with Connie, Amanda and Analise to see Les Miserables at Franklin Road Academy.
Connie was warning me that it was a high school production and didn't know how good it would be. Les Mis is my all time---#1 musical. I knew what I was getting myself in to. I figured regardless of how the kids did, I would really enjoy the music. I didn't know there was such a thing as "School Edition." The play was great---the kids did a fabulous job with something so ambitious! The set and costumes were so good. As far as I could tell, there was only one thing they left out. It happens to be my most favorite scene in Les Mis. It's the duet between Jauvert and Valjean where they are singing in each other's face. Better they leave it out than butcher it! Other than that one thing, I could not tell what was different from the original production. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was glad I invited myself along. I can enjoy most theater---even if it's appreciating the work that goes in to it. FRA did themselves proud with their many talented singers.

I spent Sunday in my scrapbook room again. Butch got home before noon. We put burgers on the grill for dinner and caught up on a few shows.

Now it's time for me to start thinking about Italy. Friday will be here before I know it!

3 comments:

  1. I did know there was such a thing as school editions of musicals because my daughter has played in the orchestra for several in her high school years. I hope your preparations for travel go smoothly - the excitement of anticipation must be nearly overwhelming. Happy packing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sitting by the pool? You can see by my photo today that we are still wrapped up in cots and boots under grey skies here!

    We have an erstwhile school music production leading man here. Just don't say "Captain Von Trapp" while he's around. Or you will be. Trapped, I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for work and play. Butch's photo made me smile. I remember sitting by my Great Aunt's pool when it was too cold to swim - always enjoyed it anyhow :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.