Monday, March 7, 2016

Family Craft Day---

post signatureEaster edition. I'm not really sure why we do craft projects. Personally, I don't like them. But I've always said that as long as the girls want to do crafty things, I'll do it. For me, it is an exercise in frustration.

I had everything pre-cut and ready to go so that we could whip these out and move on to our stitching class. Right away, Mindy and Stephanie started to complain---"these aren't long enough"---"this doesn't look right"---etc. I said, "just trust me, it'll be fine!" When they finally did, they agreed that the wreaths turned out cute enough!


After wreath making, I gave them their first lesson on the needlepoint project we're all doing together.  Even though we're all making the same project, they will look completely different due to the color selection. Stephanie is using red, blue, white and silver. Mindy is doing black, white, gold and silver. I'm doing green, blue, yellow and silver. Like I told the girls, it doesn't matter what colors you use---they will look good. Connie is using blue, green, white and silver. While we were at the store picking out our materials, another lady was getting hers. She picked purple and blue. I'm not crazy about purple and would never have thought blue and purple would look good together, but just looking at the fibers she picked out---well, they were pretty awesome. It's going to be fun to see how the project progresses.

After our crafty projects, Stephanie took us to lunch at a place called PUBlicity that I've never been to before. It was really good. I spent the rest of the weekend at home doing a little reading, stitching and scrapbooking. I made a pot of French onion soup---so good. 

A weekend just how I like them!


1 comment:

  1. The wreaths look fantastic. Your story of gathering everyone together to do craft projects reminds me of the little club my friend and I used to run for all the kids in the neighbourhood when we were about ten. We used to think up a project and then we'd all sit in the garage and put it together

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.