Tuesday, January 5, 2016

TV Watching

I just finished watching Breaking Bad yesterday. Actually, I binged watched it all through December---it was 4 seasons long. I kept hearing so much about it. I definitely enjoyed it---although there were many parts that were very hard to watch. It's a dark story. The optimistic part of me kept holding out for a happy ending---or at least redemption. I guess it ended the only way it could. That's all I'm sayin'.

The Bachelor starts tonight. I know, it's totally trash and a complete waste of time. Still I love all the drama. Mindy and Justin do too. They consider it their "guilty pleasure." I wonder what they consider "Keeping up with the Kardashians?" Okay, they are young 30's. I guess I shouldn't throw Justin under the bus with the Kardashians, as I do not know whether he watches that or not---but Mindy definitely does. 

Many of the shows that had fall finales will be starting up again later this month. What's up with fall finales? I remember when the shows started in September and ran all the way through May. Now-a-days with all these breaks for sporting events, awards shows and holidays, it's hard to keep up with what's happening on the shows. By the time they come  back, I need a refresher. I planned ahead for one of my favorites: How to Get Away With Murder.  I saved the fall finale episode so I can re-watch it before it starts up again. 

Speaking of Shonda Rimes series (she does How to Get Away with Murder), I also like Grey's Anatomy. I think that show is coming to the end of its run. But, I started another of her series on Netflix---Scandal. Now I know why people went crazy over it. The writing style is just like How to get Away with Murder. There's a little cliff hanger at the end of each show. I'm somewhere in the middle of season 2. 

I'm not sure which series I'm going to start now. I like to have 2 different series going at the same time on Netflix. In m scrapbook room, I'm watching Justified. OMGosh!!! Timothy Olyphant---I don't need to say more. I had never heard of him, but it turns out, he was on Deadwood (which I've never seen---add it to the list). Justified takes place in the backwoods of Kentucky. Really good. Each season takes on another hillbilly crime family. 

Downton Abbey started its final season last night. I haven't watched the episode yet. I'm sad to see it ending. I can watch it just for the clothes and set. I have started watching another show by Julian Fellows. It's actually a documentary---Great Houses---I thing that's what it's called. I've seen two so far. The show was about the Goodwood House. This show is giving me some good ideas for new places to visit the next time I get to England. 2017 for sure!!

So what are your favorite shows? What do you look forward to every week? 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of TV watching. LOL I'm not a big TV show watcher, but we are currently watching Supergirl and waiting for Agent Carter to start later this month. We DVR the shows & fast forward through commercials, and less than 2 hours of TV a week is enough for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the first two series of Scandal then I thought it lost it's way a bit and gave up. I love Grey's Anatomy and Downton

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you'd like an alternative to casually dating girls and trying to figure out the right thing to say...

    If you would rather have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in filthy pubs and nightclubs...

    Then I urge you to view this short video to uncover a strong little secret that has the potential to get you your own harem of beautiful women:

    FACEBOOK SEDUCTION SYSTEM...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.