Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Recipe Share

So I made the 7-Up Biscuits for New Years Eve. This time I used 7-Up rather than Sprite. I'm admitting it here---and apologizing to Butch for my little rant on Christmas---it didn't make a bit of difference. Although to me, Sprite and 7-Up have completely different tastes, for the purpose of biscuit making, it made no difference. These biscuits are easy and oh, so good!

7-Up Biscuits
2 cups Bisquick (I used the store brand baking mix)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7-Up
1/4 cup melted butter

Cut sour cream into biscuit mix, add 7-Up. Makes a very soft dough. Sprinkle additional biscuit mix on board and pat dough out. Melt 1/4 cup butter in 9" square pan. Place biscuits in pan an bake at 450 until golden brown.

What I did:
I doubled the recipe and melted a stick of butter in a 9x13 pan. I put some dry biscuit mix in the palm of my hand and scooped about a meatball size glob of dough. I just patted it in my hand and placed it in the pan. I set the timer to bake for 10 minutes. You'll just have to watch them since there was no time given in the recipe. Mine took longer than 10 minutes, but I don't know exactly how long.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I think my hubby would love these! Thanks for the recipe share! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like biscuits . . . and, of course, you just grab a glob, pat them & put them in the pan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning on trying this with the pancake mix we buy from Costco.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.