Monday, December 14, 2015

Easy Recipes

post signatureIt's the time of year when everybody is busy with holiday preparations. So, I thought I would share a couple of the easiest recipes I have.

Pumpkin Spice Muffins
1 spice cake mix (used dry)
1-15 oz. can pumpkin
1/3 cup applesauce

Mix all ingredients and fill muffin cups. I only got 22 instead of 24. The recipe didn't call for it, but I sprinkled the tops with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 350 for 12-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.

If you use mini muffin cups, you'll need to adjust the timing. I think they would be better with nuts. I plan to add some the next time I make them. The applesauce makes them so moist. I put some of them in the freezer for Christmas morning.

Now this next recipe is mysterious. I'm pretty certain I got it from my friend, Nancy. But when I contacted her about whether to drain the cans or not, she had no recollection of it. I can remember exactly which seat at her kitchen table I was sitting at when we had it. I jotted down the ingredients with no instructions. I was able to find it on the internet. Maybe when Nancy sees the recipe, it will jog her memory.

8 Can Soup
1 can Veg All
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can corn
1 can green beans
1 can Campbells old-fashioned vegetable soup
1 can diced potatoes
1 can Hormel chili
1 can Hormel chili without beans

Put all ingredients into a big pot---do not drain anything. Heat 45 minutes. It's very thick, but when I found the exact recipe, it specifically said to not add any water. I'd say it's your call. I like thick soups. You can freeze it too.

I found several variations on the internet. One called for a pound of ground beef. Another used Rotel tomatoes. I don't think you can go wrong. In fact, I had some leftover macaroni and cheese that I added. It was delicious. I doubled the recipe to give some to the girls and still have some to freeze. It just might be my next freezer club meal.

I don't think there's anything easier than these recipes. If you have a recipe of your own that is super simple, share it with me and I'll put it on the blog!!


5 comments:

  1. Saved the pumpkin spice one for future use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try that soup. But I have to know who makes that plate - I love it - it's just different enough from anything I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered the gingerbread plates online at William Sonoma this year. They came in a set of 4. There is another set I ordered that are equally as cute. A set of 4 also, but each plate was different—santa and sleigh, reindeer, Christmas tree and nutcrackers.The designs are so colorful and intricate. I just bought the salad plates as I have some cute dinner plates I got at Pier One. I like to mix and match.

      Delete
  3. Those are cute plates, Princess has been making muffins.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.