Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Family Matters

Little Josephine Marie was born on August 21st. Proud parents, Greg and Jackie and big sister, Evie (Evelyn Rose) couldn't be more excited! They plan to call her Josie. I love the old fashioned names. Refreshing. The 21st is a lucky day---as that's our anniversary! She'll probably be the only great niece whose birthday I'll remember.
Little Travis started pre-school. This is his first day of school picture. I don't think he knew what he was getting in to! If you look closely, you can see his one year old brother, Nathan photobombing his picture! So darn cute! So darn!
Isn't he about the cutest thing you've ever seen? So happy and excited---until they got to school! It didn't last long. Turns out he cried when his mom tried to leave him. I think that only lasted a couple days, but I remember the feeling. It rips your heart out---even when you know they are going to have fun. He's a little bruiser---literally! Notice those shins.
Not exactly a toddler anymore, but still my baby!! This past weekend, she was in the wedding of her good friend, Caroline. She sent me this photo of her "up" do.
 I love it! She's wanting to try different styles for her own upcoming nuptials in January. This is a good one.

Now a confession. I cannot believe, I forgot Elizabeth's birthday!! Bad Grammy! And it was a "big" one---10 years old! Another baby growing up!
There's really no excuse for having forgotten except that I was only home 3 days in 20 surrounding her birthday. AND I didn't have it on my calendar! How did that happen? Sounds like I'm making excuses. I managed to remember to send something to Mitchell at college---just because. I try to be a thoughtful grandmother! Still, I messed up! I've promised to make it up to her. She's a sweetheart and very forgiving. They are coming in to Nashville in November for Mindy's bridal shower. Since we'll have all day Friday together, I told her that it will be all about her. The day of Elizabeth. I'll take her shopping and let her buy a new outfit. Then we'll do something fun for lunch and try to work in a movie. It's the best I can come up with. Luckily, this girl likes to shop!

I love this little girl. Remember, she's the one that said her most favorite day at Disney was the day she and I spent alone together! She made me swoon over that and jumped to the top of my favorite grandchild list! Yep, I'll be making it up to her!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet baby and cute kindergardener - hope he's settled in well. Oops on the birthday miss, glad you can make it up to her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great family matters catch up today. You have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely family: such a sweet baby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.