Wednesday, February 4, 2015

What's Happenin'!

Outside my window: It's still freezing cold, but the sun's out---that makes a huge difference.

I am thinking: About all the things I want to accomplish before my foot surgery on March 6th---including everything I want to haul downstairs since I won't be able to go up.

I am thankful for: Surprise gifts of time!!! I love playing bridge on Thursdays---I've been doing it for about 25 years now. But my partner called and cancelled this week. That gives me an extra day to accomplish what I'm thinking (above.)

From the kitchen: I just boiled some eggs to make tuna for lunch. I love my tuna with lots of eggs. I like egg salad too---and eggs in my green salads. I cooked extra since we're having a big salad for dinner tomorrow.

I am wearing: nothing special. 

I am hoping: To get a title page planned for my sister's crop next week.

I am reading: The Truth About the Affair of Harry Quebert--- OMGosh!!! This book is so good. It has 650 pages, but as I told my book club---don't let that deter you. It's a pretty quick read.

I'm watching: How to Get Away With Murder---I love all the crazy twists and turns. I never see them coming. I like that in my books too! Surprise me---always!

I am busy creating: I just finished a few little Valentine's trinkets that I've mailed off to my "year of kindness" recipients. My favorite addition to the envelopes were the vintage Valentines. I signed them and dated them 2015.

I'm bummed: That I need new tires for my car. I'm getting a new one in less than a year. I really don't want to spend a lot of money for something I won't have a year from now.

I am hearing: Adam Levine on our new Sonos sound system---totally controlled and operated with my iPhone. It's awesome!

Around the house: I'm still trying to get my scrapbook room cleaned out. I won't finish it before leaving for Costa Rica on the 16th. Pretty much what isn't done by then, won't get done any time soon.

In other news: Sandy's been busy with Elizabeth's school talent show. E and her friends did a "Walk Like and Egyption" routine. It was really cute. The next thing Sandy has taken on is Junior Achievement. She's done it before when they lived in Michigan, but it's a little different in North Carolina. I have no doubt she's up for the task.


Stephanie and Nicky came for the Super Bowl. Stephanie and I had a good time catching up while watching the game downstairs so as not to disturb the "boys." She's working hard---but that's nothing unusual. My girls are all hard workers! Besides the snacks, we had a "king cake" compliments of our Cajun friends, Bruce and Karolyn. I found the baby:
It's good luck, but it also means you have to host the next party. No surprise there---we host all the family parties!

Speaking of hard workers---Mindy got a new/old job! Last year, she was "loaned" to another team for a year long project. They sent her for special training. She loved the team and was hoping to stay with them. It has officially happened this week. She's happy---with the big raise too!
She's wearing her Patriots headpiece for the game.

Planning: I spent some time last night putting together some information for our 2016 "Gems of the Danube River" Cruise. I sent it out to our friends. I hope a few of them can go with us. We always have so much fun together. 

One of my favorite things right now: Mindy introduced me to the game "Trivia Crack" on my iPhone. Loving it. Just what I needed---another time waster. But at least with games, I can play them while watching tv. I MUST be able to multi task! 

I appreciate: Hair thickeners. I just wish I could find one that really works!! I did an internet search to find the best. I went to Target and picked up a few of the recommended products. We'll see....

I regret: as much as I love my treadmill desk, it's still hard work and I hate that. I have to force myself every day. I miss sitting in front of the fireplace with my tea. So, I've made a compromise with myself. I get on the treadmill for a half hour each day and give myself Saturday and Sunday off. Sort of my reward. Why can't the things you love the most have added benefits? Why is it that the things that are good for us are just not fun?

How the weekend is shaping up: I'm looking forward to "cosmic bingo" with my friends and their daughters on Saturday night. I don't know what it is, but I was able to talk 14 of them in to it!! I hope some of us win. Dinner is included. It will just be fun being together!

I hope you have a great weekend in the works!

4 comments:

  1. i'm with you on the car tyres :) ... Happy planning for your trips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of egg salad too, and I've watched just a single episode of How To Get Away With Murder and decided I need to go back and start at the beginning. Maybe I can binge watch one of these weekends - when the "boys" are watching basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Car tyres! Yes, we had to replace tyres last week..not cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to see your week. I agree on the tyres - Wookie likes to get his from Costco. Don't do murder mysteries - the Rose Gardner ones are about as scary as I go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.