Sunday, February 15, 2015

A Few Things

I just returned from a scrapbook retreat with my sister, Jeanne and sister-in-law, Janet. We always have a good time. We arrived on Wednesday and spent the weekend. We went to Kentucky Dam Village---a state park. It's only 2 hours from Nashville and 3 1/2 hours from St. Louis. And it's cheap! We stayed up late and slept in. We only went out once. We went antiquing and then to lunch at a family owned deli---really good. Other than that, we scrapbooked for 3 1/2 days. Pure heaven! I hadn't done that much scrapbooking since last October when we wen tot the farm. It was so much fun. We've decided to go back in August.

And now on to a few more things.
A friend emailed this to us.  Butch Jones is the football coach at UT. His wife is named Barb!!! What are the odds?

 Last week, Connie, Nancy and I saw Kinky Boots. I didn't expect it to be good because---let's face it, I judged the play by it's title. I didn't really like the title and had no idea what it was about. We even made a pact that if we weren't loving it by intermission, we'd leave. Instead, with the very first notes in the opening act, I knew I was going to love it. The choreography, costumes and music was great. I highly recommend it.

The "kids" went on Sunday.



 They loved it too. I knew they would. It's really that good.

Last Saturday night, we played Cosmic Bingo at Richland Country Club. The $20 per person fee included a buffet dinner before the bingo. It was partially fun. My favorite thing was seeing all the girls together having fun. That doesn't happen often enough. They all grew up together, but don't see each other that often. I have a plan to get us together more this year.
 The "moms" from left: Nancy, me, Pam, Karolyn, in the back, Linda and Connie.
 The "kids" from left: Leigh, Lauren, Merrill (Stephanie behind her) Erin (Amanda behind her, Lauren, Mindy and Anna behind her.
 And the whole gang. We had a couple of wins at our table, but only Anna came away with a prize. Merrill and Karolyn tied, but lost the tie breaker. The bingo part was done in the dark with black lights, so everything glowed.

I saw this in Kentucky this weekend. I've never seen that before. I can't really figure out how this works. How do you let an owner go---if they aren't pulling their weight?

We are being picked up at 3:45 a.m. for the airport. We're going to Costa Rica! We'll be there by noon tomorrow---so we'll get most of the day. We have to get there first. You might know---the weathermen are predicting snow---up to 12 inches over the next couple of days. This could pose a problem as it is supposed to start around midnight. We're not really worried, but I have to admit, I'm bummed that I'm going to miss our first snow in I don't know how many years! Oh well, maybe next year. I say that every year!!

Anyway, my next post should be from Costa Rica! I hope I get some cool pictures of animals. That's my goal anyway.

5 comments:

  1. I always admire you much you get together as a family, and more of it this years sounds like a lot of fun! Over here, one of our most successful stores (John Lewis/Waitrose) runs on a similar model where everyone who works there is a partner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you all had great fun together, I envy you the scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Costa Rica sounds like fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun going on with you. Enjoy Costa Rica - warm sounds inviting right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the plan to get everyone together more - we've decided we're going to do similar but are aware that until after uni it is difficult with everyone scattered.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.