Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Big Reveal

Although is was touch and go at the beginning---we survived the remodeling! We're so thankful that the rooms were ready by the time the family arrived. 3 weeks and done! The only things left are some paint touch-ups and the installation of the plantation shutters. 

Before:
 After:


I took these pictures off the wall upstairs. Butch questioned the top one as he said, "they aren't even our girls." Well, technically they aren't. I found out last night that he didn't realize the pictures were of Jordan and Morgan!! He thought they were pictures of some random girls. Yeah, like I have other people's kids on my wall!!

Before:
 After:
 I kept the same art---just re-framed it. They are our St. Louis pictures---skyline, Charles Lindbergh's "Spirit of St. Louis" and a Fausino---all of the St. Louis skyline in 3-d.

The only thing I'm not happy with is the light over the vanity. You can't really tell in this picture. I found a light that I had my heart set on, only to find out it wouldn't work. I was under the gun to pick something and I knew I was "settling." Butch likes it, so I guess it'll stay. I'm just the type who knows exactly what she wants. I'm decisive and rarely regret my decisions.

Before:


After:

Before
 After:
I selected the carpeting and the fabric first. After that, I had a vision of what the room would be.


We moved our kitchen set up and got something new for the kitchen.

Butch's new office.




Details: Old Coca Cola cooler from the 1950's---I bought that for Butch about 15 years ago. The guitar belonged to Ronnie Dunn and is signed by Brooks and Dunn. We bought that at a silent auction years ago at a fund raiser.
 Butch had his doubts about the fabric right away. Now he likes it just fine. Picture white plantation shutters on the windows.
 I love adding the details! Bought this little lamp from Penney's.

That just about wraps it up for this project. It's a huge mess while you are in the middle of it---and we still have several closets to clean out---but it's worth it. I'm hiring the girls to come over and help me. They need the money and I need the help! By January 1st, everything will be back in order and totally clean!! Can't wait!

Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope santa brings you everything you ask for!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh it looks lovely. My Uncle's basement is decorated with Coke memorabilia. Congratulations on getting the work done so quickly - good luck on those closets!

    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you got lots of updating done. Looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out lovely Barbara! Enjoy & Merry Christmas to you & our family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you all had a lovely Christmas, spending time in that very cosy and comfortable looking space

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made a lovely job of your re-modelling - it looks so comfortable and bright. Hoping you have had a lovely Christmastide and wishing you lots of good things in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.