Friday, October 17, 2014

Wassup?

Outside my window: It's really early---I'm not even sayin' how early. It's insane. Let's just say it's going to be dark for about 4 more hours.

I am thinking: That I'm happy I made such head-way with some cleaning out and organizing in my scrapbook room, but I have a long way to go---and it's not even January! That's when I usually get in this mode.
This cart holds all materials I use for class kits. Besides this, I have 3 other containers and a shelf full of card stock and patterned paper. I got ALL of it organized. I'm totally ready for my 2015 classes!! I can't wait to unveil our new topic for the year.

I am thankful for: Cars that run! We've rotated cars through the dealer this week. What a pain.

From the kitchen: This week, it's been a comfort food sort of week---tomato soup and grilled cheese and meatloaf.

I am wearing: Still in my jammies.

I am hoping: To get all of the plants that are going inside, moved and all of the cushions, umbrellas, floats and pillows inside, those that will fit will go in the washing machine, the others will wait until next year and a power wash outside.

I am reading: The Boys in the Boat. Stephanie picked it for our family book club at Thanksgiving. So far, it's not floating my boat.

I'm watching: While working in my scrapbook room, I'm still watching Little Dorrit. I've also just started watching American Horror Story this season. I've never watched it before. It's dark and creepy and I'm not sure I really like it. It sort of feels like Stephen King and for that matter, I'm giving it another couple of episodes. I totally love him and his genius mind.

I am busy creating: I haven't created anything this week, but I plan to do my AYM layout this weekend. I'm really looking forward to that.

I'm bummed: That I invited Jordan for a date with me on Saturday. She accepted right away. Then I found out that the "thing" I was planning to take her to was last weekend!! I saw a commercial for an exotic pet show on tv---that kept saying "this weekend." When I went to the website to see about times, I found out it was already over. Dang!! I guess I should have gotten the details before inviting her. Next year for sure. Jordan would be all over that!

I am hearing: Showtunes on Pandora. The only time I listen to our "purchased" music is when I'm working in my office. I painstakingly put ALL of our hundreds of CD's on my computer a few summers ago. I think we have about 25,000 songs. But now, with the ease of Pandora and my created playlists, I hardly ever listen to them.

Around the house: It looks like I finally have these darn pantry moths under control. We haven't seen one in nearly 3 weeks now. What a nightmare. I still have work to do to put everything back. As a result, I couldn't bring myself to decorate for Halloween. Besides, we're going to be out-of-town on Halloween this year anyway.

In other news: We've had our first fire of the season.
The wood is not yet seasoned. We're lucky we have a gas firestarter. I love a fire. In fact, I'm sitting in front of our gas fireplace in the living room as I type this.

 One of my favorite things right now: No question here.
Sandy sent me a "thank you" package for staying with the kids while she and Greg celebrated their 20th anniversary. It was such a nice surprise. There were also plates, napkins, another candle I've already burned, and a Halloween wine glass for my eclectic collection. The candles smell amazing---pecan waffles and salted caramel corn. 

Last Friday, when Mindy got her for happy hour, she asked about these. I told her Sandy had sent me a package. She said, "Gosh, Sandy is making me look bad." Then I explained it was a thank you gift. Steph arrived a few minutes later and said THE EXACT SAME THING! Did I ever say this family is competitive? That's okay. Everyone knows Sandy is our favorite!!! 

 I appreciate: That our family has such a good sense of humor---which allows me to say things like "Sandy is our favorite" when really, Mindy is our favorite---except when Stephanie is our favorite!

I regret: that I just can't seem to get off this prednisone. I'm not giving up---but Christmas will be a full year. I did manage 3 weeks off this summer, but in the scheme of a year, that hardly counts. 

How the weekend is shaping up: We're going to the wedding of a family friend tonight. Other than that, we have no other plans. I'm going to spend some time with Stephanie and Nicky in their yard. I've re-designed their landscaping and they are ready to start implementing the plan. This weekend it's "tear out and amend the soil." 

So, wassup with you? I hope you have a great weekend too!


2 comments:

  1. This totally made me laugh - The Boys in the Boat. Stephanie picked it for our family book club at Thanksgiving. So far, it's not floating my boat! Great wording Barbara!

    I'm scraplifting this weekend & blogging as I go! Our AC went out Wednesday, so I spent yesterday trying to stay cool while a new furnace & coil were installed in the attic. No need for a fire here, yet.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one busy lady. I'm like you in the the scrap room, I started by organizing my Christmas stuff, then moved onto purging my scrap bin, and now I think I'll work on a few more projects - and it's not even January.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.