Thursday, September 11, 2014

There's nothing better than....

touring Franklin, TN on a segway! Riding a segway ranks up there in my top ten list of favorite life experiences. I've ridden segways in San Antonio, Chicago and then twice in New Orleans.
Butch had never ridden before and wasn't sure he really wanted to do it. Afterwards, he said it was a lot more fun than he expected.
We went with Bruce and Karolyn. Now that Bruce is "retired," we've been having a few adventures. We're going to try to do something fun and touristy once a month.
This is the old square in Franklin. We've been to Franklin dozens of times. After all, it's only 15 minutes from our house. I love all of the civil war history here. We've toured most all of the civil war sights.
 Karolyn, Bruce, me and Butch.
It was so much fun riding through the historic neighborhood. This area had the most beautiful, 3-story town homes built on what once was a black slum after the civil war. Each home is worth over a million dollars. I couldn't resist peeking in to this garden.
 Overlooking the Harpeth River.
After our tour, we had dinner at Kimbro's Cafe. The food was fabulous---I had the meatloaf, mashed potatoes and greens. Butch had chicken with white barbecue sauce and "slap yo momma'" mac and cheese. We stayed awhile to enjoy the music.

Considering it was a Thursday night, it was a lot of fun. We don't usually do things like this in the middle of the week. But, it was so much fun that I'm glad we did!

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the four of you. It shows how small you are. Everyone else's arms are nearly straight at the elbows as they reach down to hold the handles. your elbows are bent at right angles because you are so little. Mine would be like that too. I am just 5 feet 1 inch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still saying I think you are brave! Not sure if I could do that..it seems like a big machine from here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always doing something FUN! I definitely want to ride a Segway at some point.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.