Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Moving Jordan

Stephanie and I made the 3 1/2 hour drive to Knoxville to move Jordan in to her new apartment. All went well---except, I think Jordan moved everything she owns. There's room for it, that's for sure. The apartment is 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 3,000 closets, washer and dryer, fireplace, balcony and 1800 sq. ft.
 From this view, you can see the balcony and the dining room.
The kitchen is a nice size with just about brand new appliances---actually the apartment is only a year or two old.
Jordan has the master bedroom. The bathroom has double sinks. I guess that means, she'll dirty one and then move to the other until it's dirty and she has to clean. There are two closets---a linen closet and then a big double door closet---not to mention the walk-in closet in the bedroom.
 I'm pretty sure her roommate brought everything she owned too.

She has a nice view from the balcony---pretty landscaping all around. Her apartment is located on the edge of the campus. She'll have about a mile walk to most classes. She has a bike, so she plans to use that too. She plans to live here for the next 3 years. That's good, because no one wants to move her again!

Next up, Morgan's move to The University of San Diego---Labor Day weekend. That is going to be interesting---we have to buy everything out there. It's going to be a lot of work! Not exactly how I want to spend my Labor Day weekend---but what can I do? I cannot turn down these grandkids!

3 comments:

  1. You've got my sympathy...we're a couple of weeks away from the big move here to a new flat with 4 other students in Scotland. I've been teaching him to cook..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking apartment and a mile isn't bad at all. I'm looking forward to moving Princess in to a flat where she doesn't have to empty everything out every vacation.

    Having been reading on Facebook how various friends of mine are doing long term college moves - Amazon prime and ship to store appear to be very popular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that looks like a lovely flat. Had to smile at your sink comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.