Saturday, August 23, 2014

Home Alone!

I mean really alone! Not only is Butch gone, but my entire family is out-of-town. Mindy and Stephanie are on Centerhill Lake somewhere. Morgan is in the Smoky Mountains. Butch is at the beach.

He planned his trip awhile back. I felt a little guilty for not wanting to go. As you know, I do not love the beach. In fact, I could not fathom going alone. He and I are so opposite. When I realized that I truly had too much going on next week to get away, I suggested that he invite someone to go with him. He balked and said he didn't want to have to worry about someone else, food, conversation, etc. He just wanted to go alone. He put together his itinerary. Turns out, he has more to do than he has time for. I wish I had a photo of his spreadsheet---down to his food for each meal!! He's the king of Excel---he makes a spreadsheet for everything---like when he got his Kuerig coffee machine and made a spreadsheet for the little "K" cups---where to buy, types, brands, etc. But, I digress---he's going to play golf, bike ride, walk the beach, eat out, watch golf, do some minor repairs and just chill.

Still feeling guilty, I asked him if he was disappointed that I wasn't going. I think he said "no" a little too quickly!!! Maybe next time! We just celebrated 43 years together this week, maybe he's looking forward to a little time to himself! Nothin' wrong with that! I did send him off with easy meals so he won't have to grocery shop.

So here I am home alone. When I realized I was going to be really alone, I got a little panicky. I started thinking about who I could call to make some plans with. Then I reminded myself of my upcoming busy week prior to moving Morgan to her dorm in San Diego. I decided I'll just enjoy the weekend without anyone around me. I'm a people person, but I think I can do it! At least I hope so.

One thing I know for sure, I won't have to get dressed! Maybe it will be a pajama kind of weekend!

4 comments:

  1. relish the quiet. Sing very loudly while you get all thos small things done that you always put off because there are people around and you'd much rather be talking to them than working. Grab that book and finc a shady place to sit and read. Dare I say it... only wash dishes once a day!!!!! Sleaze around and stay in pyjamas all weekend. Sounds marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be torn between a peaceful weekend on my own and a trip to the beach. I'd love both i'm just not sure what i'd love the most! Enjoy your quiet weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loud singing, yes, that's what I might do! and pyjamas. I think I'd do pyjamas. And snacking. Lots of snacking. Enjoy..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.