Friday, June 20, 2014

We had a date.

On Wednesday, Butch and I had a "date" to go geo-caching, visit a tea shop and have lunch in East Nashville. I say "date" because we actually had to put it on the calendar 3 weeks ago.

We left at 9:30 a.m. We did a little geo-caching. This is one of the tiniest that we've found---although we've found this type before.

 It actually contains a tiny log. This one also contained a clue to the next cache.
They can be found anywhere. There was one in this little church garden.
We did not find the one hidden here, but I thought it was interesting that someone thought this was the best way to attach these steps to the deck. It was sort of a grungy place called the Lipstick Lounge. Geo-caching takes you to some interesting places.

We stopped by High Garden tea shop. They also sell a lot of herbs. I bought some loose tea---we don't have many places to buy tea in Nashville. This was my first visit to this one.
We had lunch at The Pharmacy---the best burgers.

After lunch, we were doing a little more geo-caching when Morgan texted to find out what we were doing. When I told her that we were geo-caching, she said, "precious!" I guess because we were doing something together---and we're old---that everything we do is "cute." Anyway, she and Jordan wanted us to pick them up from the car wash. They planned to spend the afternoon in the pool. The pool is still refreshing, but by next week, it will just be wet.

It was a nice day that ended with a fun float with the girls. We love it when they come over.


3 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is tiny ... I've never geo-cached but it looks fun. And your photos are beautifully crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep telling my lovely son that old people can have fun too. He says can you just not do it where I can see you :)

    I think I'd like geocaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard of geocaching and it looks fun. Sort of like a treasure hunt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.