Sunday, June 1, 2014

The REST of the Layouts

from our trip to the beach.
 I used washi tape on the right side to add about 12 photos in a flip up style. Karolyn saw that idea somewhere. It worked great. I just hope it sticks well---sometimes washi tape doesn't stick down.
 I added stitching to the ships that I cut from my Cricut.
 I didn't do anything particularly special with this layout. The paper doll is so cute, but I'm never quite sure how to use them. I went ahead and put the dress on her, but then her cute little underwear are covered up.
 "A Memory Lasts Forever." Towards the end of the week, I did this title page for all of us to do. We just winged it with a variety of scraps. The zig zag strip is folded washi tape.

 Karolyn had us do this little technique. Cut circles from a patterned paper. Add over the top with pop dots and decorate.
 Maybe you can see it a little better here.
 "You Never Left the Dance Floor" is a layout for Morgan's album.
 "I've Got Rhythm" is my AYM layout for this month. I used the same washi tape folding technique with paper to make the zig zag border. Here's my journaling:

I cannot think about music without thinking about dancing. I’ve always loved to dance. I started dancing when I was about 4---as you can see in this picture with my cousin, Chrissy. I even won a twist contest in the 7th grade. When we were teenagers, Chrissy and I started spending weekends with each other. We went to whatever “teen town” we could find---wherever Bob Kuban and the In-Men or The Spirit of St. Louis were playing. We traded nights of babysitting with Chrissy’s sister, Judy in exchange for rides to the teen towns---mostly at the Catholic churches. We danced constantly---my house or hers---didn’t matter. We taught ourselves all of the latest dances---the jerk, the monkey, the stroll, the bump---we did them all. We watched the St. Louis Hop daily. American Bandstand was our favorite---we loved Dick Clark. Even as adults, we would dance together at family weddings. Speaking of weddings, it looks like my family has inherited my love of dancing. It’s in the genes. In fact, it was dancing that attracted me to Butch in the first place. He liked to dance and I liked that! It was meant to be from the start!

1 comment:

  1. I bow not only to your productivity but to your ability to portray the fun in any situation

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.