Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Party

We couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather. Sunny and cool with a slight breeze. Just perfect for an outdoor party. 
 They were expecting about a hundred people. The party was to begin at 2 p.m. We were ready.
 Devon, Joyce, Scott and Madison. The lull before the storm.
 The graduate---she'll be going to Indiana University in Bloomington.
 Joyce and Scott had tents and seating areas all over the yard. The front yard was reserved for games---Corn Hole and Washers. Washers is a St. Louis game. We played ALL day! Good practice for the Washer Tournament we'll be having in St. Louis next weekend.
The dessert table. The caterer brought many treats, but Madison spent the day before the party making brownies, two types of cupcakes and three types of cookies. There was an assortment of candy too.


I thought this was the cutest idea---cupcakes in clear drink cups tied up with ribbons and a tiny little fork. Cupcakes can be so messy---not this way!

They had a taco bar set up. There was so much food and so much leftover. It was all good.

The party started at 2 and was to go until 6 p.m. Let me just say that I went to bed at 12:30 A.M. and the party was still going strong!! I had to get up by 4:30 a.m. for the airport, so I wanted to get some sleep. Turns out that was futile. I was too wound up. 

I got 2 /12 hours of sleep!! I ended up getting up at 4 a.m. Scott took me to the airport---I was there by 5. This is what the South Bend airport looks like at 5 a.m.
Not a soul in sight. Then I noticed this sign. I've never seen this before. I guess it's for the people that are afraid to fly.
Since I was and hour and a half before my flight,  I stopped in here for a cup of tea. No one else was in the place. The "guy" I ordered my tea from asked me where I would be sitting. Uh, like he wouldn't be able to find me amidst the crowd? No one else came in the whole time I sat there!

Sometimes, people just crack me up.

Joyce and Scott have a lot of really nice friends. I really enjoyed getting to know some of them. In fact, one couple is vacationing in the Smokies the same week we'll be there. It will be fun if we should happen to run in to them!!







3 comments:

  1. looks like a yummy party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely decorations and it sounds like it was a great time.

    Most airports have a prayer room - ecumenical of course. Larger ones have chaplains too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like it was a beautiful day for the party - so glad you had a good time, despite the small amount of sleep! :>)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.