Friday, May 9, 2014

What's Happenin'!!

Outside my window: It's just about time to get the pressure washing done around the pool and patio. I always want to wait until most of the pollen has fallen. 

 I am thinking: About all the things I need to gather for our trip to the beach. We girls are leaving on Saturday. The guys are joining us on Tuesday. 

I am thankful for: Our brand new "airport extreme" that my computer guy installed in the rec room. Now I'm back in business with high speed internet up there.

From the kitchen: We had Morgan's 18th birthday party tonight on the patio. She requested (by text) cheeseburgers, Sister Shubert rolls, carrot casserole and baked beans. I asked her if the Sister Shubert rolls were to take the place of buns. She texted back---"That's a good idea!" I'm not quite sure what she had in mind. I served both.

I am wearing: Jammies.

I am hoping: To get caught up on a few things around here tomorrow before leaving again.

I am reading: Allegiant---the third book of the Divergent series---so good---I'm half way and plan to finish it this weekend!! I've especially enjoyed sitting on the porch swing with this beautiful weather. We only get about two weeks to enjoy it as it turns hot really quick. In fact, it's already hot in the house. I've turned on the air, but I don't think it's working. I'll have to deal with that when I get back.

I'm watching: An episode of Twilight Zone. I record all of them, but unfortunately they are not the original ones from the 1960's. I wish they would re-run them.

I am busy creating: About the only thing I've done this week from a creative standpoint, is to put together AYM kits. Plus, I've planned and put kits together to take to the beach. 

I'm bummed: That after driving an hour and a half to the only remaining scrapbook store within a hundred miles---there wasn't much new to buy---not that I needed anything---but I was itching to find out what I was missing. Turns out, I haven't missed much.

Around the house: My painter was here this week. When he was last here a couple of years ago, he said that he'd be retired by the next time I called. Luckily for me, he hasn't. When I asked him about it, he said that people just keep calling and he can't say "no." He said he could never turn me down---and, in fact, bumps me to the top of his list!! I just love ALL of the people that help to keep this house in shape!

In other news: Jordan has finished her first year of college---with a stellar performance. Now she just needs a job for the summer. She's going to feed the fish, collect the mail and water the flowers while we're gone. She has a nanny job in the works. We're keeping our fingers crossed that it comes through.

One of my favorite things right now: I love little surprises like this.


Can you see it on the front walk? I wonder how long it will last before someone steps on it or the lawn guys zap it with the weed eater.

How the weekend is shaping up: We girls plan to get an early start to the beach on Saturday. This is actually our spring golf trip. We girls are going to scrapbook, hang at the beach, pool and do a lot of reading. I suspect the week with fly by. The guys will arrive on Tuesday and golf Wednesday and Thursday. Lest you feel sorry that they aren't getting as much time at the beach as we girls are---they have something else fun to occupy them. They will be going to Steeplechase on Saturday. It's a full day of horse racing. They really enjoy it. Stephanie, Nicky, Mindy, Justin and Morgan are going too. They love it! Me, not so much. After 25 years, I'm over it. It's ALL day in the hot sun. Luckily for them, it won't be so hot this year. But, they might get some rain. I'll keep my fingers crossed.


4 comments:

  1. hat looks like such a busy and fun time ahead - I hope your painter avoids that lovely little flower (viola?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be staying home, I am totally over beach holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a wonderful trip!! We had the painters here a few weeks ago, too - got the kitchen cabinets painted, so I've been reorganizing and decluttering as I put stuff back in them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.