Friday, May 2, 2014

Wassup?

Outside my window: The weather has been absolutely gorgeous lately. I love this time of year---everything is so green. The flowers smell so good. I love swinging on the porch with my book.

I am thinking: That I have a lot to do for the upcoming week---before another week at the beach!

I am thankful for: My Kindle. I just love my electronic book.

From the kitchen: I'm making Pork Chops and Spanish Rice for dinner. I haven't made it in years. I have a house full. My brother, Ronnie, Janet, Jackie, Greg and Evie are here. Of course we'll start with happy hour. Steph, Nicky and Mindy will be here too. I'm making a Praline Cake for dessert. 

I am wearing: Lounging around the house clothes.

I am hoping: To get a little sun today. 

I am reading: Allegiant. This is the third book of the Divergent series. I've really enjoyed them all so far. I've just started this one.

I'm watching: I love Call the Midwife. It makes me cry every week. I've ordered Bletchley Circle. I don't really know anything about it, but I am loving all of these British shows. I'm hooked on Mr. Selfridge too. I'm a huge fan of Jeremy Piven.

I am busy creating: I haven't created anything this week---but I did get the AYM kits put together. Plus, I'm planning pages for our trip to the beach.

I'm bummed: that the ants are back. I've had the exterminator out, so hopefully they'll be gone soon.

I am hearing: Glee as I am writing this. I still love the song and dance, but the story has gotten lame. They're doing One Direction's Story of My Life right now. Love that song and love those boys!

Around the house: Mostly, I have a lot to do outside. I can't really do the cleaning until the pollen stops. Butch has been doing the planting this year, but he has asked me to finish it. He's done a great job. I'll have to share some pictures soon.

In other news: Ronnie and Janet's trip to the beach was rained out. They were actually stranded as all the roads were flooded. This is the view from our patio.
30A---the main road is completely under water in this picture.

One of my favorite things right now: It's that time of year when I can get fresh fruits and vegetables  at the farmer's markets around town. I can't get enough salad.

I appreciate: High speed internet. It's something I take for granted---until I don't have it. A couple days ago, it was taking about 30 seconds for a web page to load. That doesn't sound like much, but I am so spoiled, it makes me impatient. 

I regret: that I never managed to get my scrapbook room cleaned out. I had planned to do some major purging, but now it doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon.

How the weekend is shaping up: What I'm most looking forward to is seeing Les Miserables at the Schermerhorn Symphony Hall. This is going to be fabulous. Les Miz is my ALL. TIME. FAVORITE! 


1 comment:

  1. A great catch up with you today! I'm trying to get outside in the sun a little everyday since the weather is perfect for that right now - sitting on the swing, reading a good book . . . it won't last long as temperatures are already hitting the upper 80s & into the 90s this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.