Monday, May 19, 2014

Just a Few Things

 What a difference two weeks makes! This is the original planting.
 This is just two weeks later. Now I'm thinking some things are going to be too tall.
The tallest is the chocolate mint. I'll just have to cut it back.
 I cut peonies and Virginia Sweetspire to greet my cousins who arrive tomorrow.
I decided to post the pictures because they read my blog. That way, if the flowers look "bad" by tomorrow, they will know what I originally intended!
NEVER in May have I had my fireplace lit. But since the temperatures have been so cool, I decided to take one last opportunity.

That's about it. Butch worked his tail off yesterday, pressure washing the patio. We always wait until the pollen is finished dropping. I don't know how his back can stand it. I Cleaned the front porch, furniture and columns and my back was killing me!

We're glad it's done---everything looks nice and fresh for the summer. I've scheduled my first pool party for next Tuesday. My cousins and I will test it out this week. It's going to be cold! Luckily, I have the type of floats that you actually sit above the water. That makes it not as cold. We'll see....

Lapps family arriving on Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Chocolate mint juleps sound like a good way to keep that planter in check. Gorgeous flowers - enjoy your family and pool party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are beautiful. No, definitely not pool party weather here. I've just turned our heat on ..

    Enjoy your visitors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that planter! And gosh, it is definitely not warm enough here for outdoor anything unless it involves jumpers and socks. We lit our fire tonight too! Hope you have a lovely time with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a really cool spell here early this month, too, but this week the weather is perfect - sunshine & 80s. I washed our patio down several weeks ago, but we still need to do some cleaning up in the flowerbeds.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.