Sunday, May 11, 2014

Enjoying Mother's Day!

We're at the beach!! Pam, Karolyn and I were on the road yesterday by 7:45---after a run through Starbucks. We surprised Erin Broussard Hawkins and the kids in Birmingham. We drove straight through, stopping once for gas. We went straight to the grocery store and was at the condo by 4:30. Even with the 45 minutes in Birmingham, we made it in about 7 hours! Love my OnStar and it's shorter route---although it did seem "iffy" at times!!

Anyway, now for the bad news. Looks like there's going to be a lot of rain. I hope the weather men are wrong. I don't feel bad for us girls as we are scrapbooking. But the guys are coming on Tuesday to golf! I don't know what they'll do if they can't.
We have never seen one of these lizards until today---we saw 3! They have these weird red things that puff out under their chin. Of course, since I had the camera on him, he wouldn't do it.
Kickin' it off with a little vt!! Never mind, make that a big one!
I am not happy about this. We have to walk all the way around rather than the few steps from our back door. I've filed a complaint to the homeowners association.  I know someone on the board!

It's going to be raining today, so we'll just stay in and scrapbook. Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day to me!! 

Happy Mother's Day to everyone out there!


3 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day!! It does sound like a great day to scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers Day - sounds like great plans for a weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.