Saturday, April 19, 2014

How Old is Too Old for an Easter Basket?

I hadn't planned to do Easter baskets this year. In fact, I hadn't done Easter baskets in many years. But, Mindy reminded me that I did baskets last year. I immediately disagreed with her until she reminded me that----that was how Nicky proposed to Stephanie---by putting her ring in an egg in her Easter basket. 

I really thought I was done with baskets. Mindy, being the baby---albeit 29 now, whined a little and brow-beat me! I agreed, but told her this was going to be the last year!! And it is. By the time I bought just a little candy and a couple other little things, it cost a fortune---for eleven people!! Do the math. A $3.50 chocolate bunny adds up to---wait, let me get the calculator. That's $38.50 and doesn't even include the tax!! Now you see what I'm getting at. It ALL adds up!! 

And now, for your Easter entertainment, a little Easter quiz.

1. Which Easter candy is most popular among Americans?
A. Chocolate  B. Peeps  C. Jelly Beans  D. Lollipops


2. How do more than three-quarters of Americans eat their chocolate bunnies?
A. Feet first  B.Tail first  C. Right leg first  D. Ears first

3. Why are jelly beans a part of the Easter tradition?
A. Because rabbits eat them  B. Because they're only sold in the spring  C. Because they symbolize peace  
D. Because of their egg-like shape

4.After chocolate, what is the best-selling Easter candy?
A. Peeps  B. Lollipops C. Jelly Beans  D. Twizzlers

5. Chick-like yellow is the most popular Peeps color. Which hue comes in second?
A. Pink  B. Lavender  C. Red  D. Green



1.A   2.D   3.D   4.A.  5.A

And just like that, with a little pre-planning, 6 blog posts while I was gone this whole week without internet access!!

Happy Easter!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.