Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Okay

Now this is just plain ridiculous! We don't get snow all season long and it's March 25th---now we get snow! 

Not a measurable amount---just flakes, really---but come on! It's supposed to be spring! I'm ready!

Thought you might like to see that we had wedding crashers. We had no idea until the photos came back.
I hope they didn't drink too much!! You know it's a fun party when strangers want to crash it.

Yesterday after AYM, we went to Pei Wei for lunch. I thought these little peas were the cutes thing I've ever seen. I don't usually like raw, crunchy vegetables such as this, but it was so cute, I had to eat it. It was crunchy. And raw.

I'll be posting the layouts from yesterday's meeting on the AYM blog.

I've seen several movies lately---my friends and I go every week. Last week we saw In the Air with Liam Neeson. Oh My Gosh! It's unbelievable what crooked people can do. Definitely worth seeing.

Today we're seeing Hotel Budapest. It looks to be quirky and funny with lots of cameo appearances. 

Books---I've been on a roll. Last week I finished The Goldfinch. I liked it, but didn't totally love it. I gave it a 7 at our book club meeting last night. Our other book---Still Alice---was great!! Sandy had recommended it to me a few years ago. Even though it had bee that long since I read it, I was able to remember quite a bit. That's how I can tell if a book has made an impression on me---if I still remember it years later. The group as a whole gave it a 9. 

This month we're reading---The Invisible Wall. The second book is another that I read several years ago---Cutting For Stone. It's a good one!

In between finishing my book club book and our meeting I read---Blaze---recommended by my sister, Jeanne. It's written by Stephen King under his pen name Richard Bachman. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I figured out why he writes under a pen name---and it's a good reason for all Stephen King. The written as Richard Bachman are shorter than a regular SK book which run at least 1000 pages. That's nice when you just want a little something. Blaze was about 350 pages and a quick read---about 5 days. 

Currently, I'm reading The Hiding Place. It's a true story about a Dutch woman who hid Jews during WWII and ultimately wound up in a concentration camp herself. 

Ahhh, so many books, so little time....

I'm having lunch with my friend, Sally tomorrow. It's been awhile since we've had any one-on-one time. We used to get together every Friday morning for tea and to stroll through each other's garden---or in the afternoon for a glass of wine and a stroll. We need to get that started again! How is it now that the kids are gone, we seem to have LESS time?? We've been talking about another mother/daughter trip to New York for a couple of years, but now that the girls are working, it hasn't happened. Maybe we'll have to just go by ourselves! We'll have to talk.

I've got a fun little project planned for my "girl's night" on Friday. We're starting with Happy Hour---everyone is bringing and appetizer which will serve as dinner. After, we'll do our project---which I'll be designing today. Then, I'm going to "rent" Dallas Buyer's Club for us to watch. I'll make something for dessert to have during the movie. 

And that's about how my week is stacking up!

2 comments:

  1. That salad does look good. I met Corrie ten Boom as a young teenager (although I may have been 11/12) just after I arrived in the UK. Hearing her talk about the story was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still Alice, a lovely book. Dallas buyers guide is on my wish list as it's not out here until June. I love the look of that salad!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.