Monday, December 16, 2013

Quick Post

Everybody's busy and so am I---all fun stuff. But I did want to share a couple of reallllllyyyyyy good and easy recipes.

This one is from Miss Daisy's cook book. Miss Daisy used to have a tea room in the 1980's. It's and old recipe and I haven't made it in years. I got it from my friend, Nancy who served it for the first time at a spring luncheon in 1987. She made it for me recently which reminded me of it. I'm happy to have it in the freezer for the holidays.

Frozen Cherry Salad
1-16 oz. can cherry pie filling
1-14 oz. can crushed pineapple
1-14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
13 oz. Cool Whip or other

Mix all ingredients and freeze in a 9x13 pan. Cut in squares to serve. I like to let it sit a bit before eating so it can thaw a little.

***********************
The following recipe is from another blog I follow. I've gotten a lot of good recipes from Plain Chicken. These are out of this world and couldn't be easier.

Brown Sugar Ham Rolls
1/2 shaved deli ham (I used Boars head)
4-5 slices Swiss cheese
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp. dijon mustard
1 pan frozen Sister Shubert dinner, thawed (these are a southern thing---any frozen yeast rolls that are already cooked can be used---sort of like brown and serve---they come in a round pan).

Preheat oven to 350.

In a saucepan, melt butter, brown sugar and dijon mustard. Stir until everything is melted together.
Remove rolls from pan. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the rolls in half. Tip: to easily reassemble the rolls, remove one of the outer rolls and set aside. This will help with lining up the rolls when reassembling.

Put bottom of rolls back into the pan. Brush half the sugar mixture on the rolls. There's a lot, but it will seep in. Top with ham and then Swiss cheese slices. Spread remaining sauce on top. Replace the top rolls. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.

If you give either of these a try, let me know how you liked them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.