Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Wassup? And a Recipe Share

Outside my window: It's a grey and rainy day at the beach. Still, the dolphins have flipped by.

I am thinking: That I hate days like this. It's the last day of our trip---which is depressing.

I am thankful for: Good friends who are such fun to be with. Everyone pitches in---making for such an easy vacation.

From the kitchen: I pre-planned my food for the beach. I made chocolate chip cookies and an oatmeal cake before I left. For my lunch, I made a nicoise salad. I love big salads. I made an appetizer down here. They are always a hit.

Blue Cheese Crisps
1 loaf of French bread
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 oz. blue cheese
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Slice French bread in to 1/4" pieces and place on baking sheet. Toast at 350 for 5 minutes (my bread was really soft, so I baked it for 10 minutes). Remove from oven and flip over. Combine remaining ingredients and spread on toasts. Bake 5-10 minutes until melted. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. They'll be soft, but still good.

I am wearing: Lounge around clothes: Titans t-shirt, capris, slippers, hoodie---and a big smile!

I am hoping: That our trip home is uneventful and as quick as it can be---probably not much shorter than 9 hours.

I am reading: The Chaperone. I just finished For the King's Favor---very good. I love historical fiction. I haven't actually started The Chaperone but plan to this afternoon. I have plenty of time since our book club doesn't meet until November.

I am busy creating: Not really creating anything. I am stitching---I brought the "gusset" to the needlepoint star tree topper that I'm making.

 I'm bummed: That my photos won't transfer from my phone to iPhoto via the cloud while I'm out-of-town. That one of my favorite things about my phone. I should have brought my regular camera.

I am hearing: "You Don't Own Me" on Pandora. Everyone is reading.

Around the house and garden: I don't know what's going on at home.

In other news: We've been playing cards. Last night, we played "99" until it was time for dinner. I won a dollar. Nancy was the "big" winner at $5.00.

One of my favorite things right now: I planned a "favorite things" swap for our trip. It has been so much fun to see what $5.00 items each person came up with. Nancy, assorted notepads and her favorite pen---Pilot precise B-5 rolling ball; Pam, a tube of Gold Bond body lotion; Karolyn, candles in beautiful lotus candle holders---we really "scored" with hers. They messed up on her order and were willing to do anything to make her happy. So, that's why we got something worth way more than $5.00; Connie gave us the specialty issue of Entertainment Weekly that has the "100 All-Time Greatest Movies, TV Shows and Novels." She went through quite a lot to get enough since it came out in July. Finding it months later was a trick! As for me, I gave everyone an envelope of pumpkin spice potpourri. You can put it in a bowl, simmer it on the stove or put it in your vacuum bag. I gave them the little raven Halloween decorations that I made, to go with it.

 I appreciate: Connie's beautiful beach condo and the fact that we get to enjoy it!

I regret: that it's almost time to go home. We could definitely stay a few more days---which, Connie offered. But she has to go back to work and it wouldn't be as much fun without her.

How the weekend is shaping up: I have to do my layouts for AYM. Plus, we're having a family brunch on Sunday. Looking forward to that!


2 comments:

  1. It sounds like it has been a very companionable trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping the promise of,nice family time at the weekend makes up for leaving the condo. How,glorious to have dolphins, even in the rain.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.