Thursday, October 24, 2013

Beach Wrap-Up

We got home yesterday. I was so exhausted from doing nothing that I went to bed at 9:30 and slept until 6:30!!

Here are the photos that I wanted to share with you.
 Connie's place is beautiful. I should have taken the pictures before we "junked" it up.
We spent a lot of time stitching and watching tv in the living room.

 I took this picture of the girls from the balcony right before I went down to join them. The ocean is so calm.
 After lunch, Connie got out the raft and floated. I was going to do it, but you have to keep paddling yourself back. I decided that was too much work!
Connie (on the left) took us to dinner at Coastal Seafood. It was delicious. I don't remember what everyone else got, but Nancy (on the right) and I got the pecan crusted grouper. I love fresh grouper.
Karolyn and Pam got cosmos.
On our last day, we saw dozens of dolphins. I tried so hard to get a picture of them jumping, but they are just too fast for me. Really, the 3 you see here are just a few of the many that were there. It was so much fun to watch. Connie said it best---we saw more wild life at the beach than we did all through Alaska!!
When we got home, my plan was to watch the first World Series game between the Cardinals and the Red Sox. My sister sent me this t-shirt from the Cardinals win last week. It helped to ease the pain of that ugly game last night!!

Butch is in Santa Rosa and sent me these pictures.
 We saw a similar sunset at Connie's. It almost looks like ice! I think the reason sunrises and sunsets are so gorgeous at the beach is because there is nothing to interfere with the view.
This morning, while Butch was strolling on the beach, he got a shot of this sting-ray.

Tonight, I'll be watching game 2 of the World Series. Go Cards!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos and you've clearly had a lovely time. I know what you mean about taking photos when you arrive before everything gets messed up when you unpack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it about holidays that gives that tired feeling the minute you arrive home? I guess it means..complete relaxation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I could back to the beach today! I'm just not ready for this cold. The frost is on the pumpkins for sure this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wookie is very impressed with that last shot - he loves rays. Glad it was a good holiday - hope you feel up to the regular routine soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.