Sunday, June 9, 2013

Random Thoughts

Outside my window: I wanted to write this yesterday, so I would have been able to say "a perfect sunny day." Instead, this morning, it's thundery and grey. The rain hasn't started, but it's coming.

I am thinking: About the Lapps visit starting on Wednesday. It's going to be a really fun looonnggg weekend, but it will zip by. Meals are all planned and the weather is expected to cooperate.

I am thankful for: The rain (at least I'm trying to be)---I don't have to spend 45 minutes watering.

From the kitchen: I'll be cooking today for my freezer club that meets tomorrow. We haven't even eaten all the meals from last month. 

I am wearing: Still in my robe. Lest you think I live in my robe, it just so happens that I tend to write my blog posts in the morning---or very late at night which always finds me in my robe!

I am hoping: to get my scrapbook supplies sorted out from my trip to the farm. I'm looking forward to getting upstairs and playing in my room.

I am reading: The Storyteller. It is sooo good. I have about a hundred pages left and plan to finish it today. I sort of feel like it's going to be predictable, but I'm enjoying it so much that it's okay. On the other hand, Jodi Picoult is known for some twists. My favorite quote from the book: "Sometimes all it takes to become human again is someone who can see you that way, no matter how you present yourself on the surface."

I am busy creating: I have a lot of scrapbook pages and a few new techniques to share. I'll get to that in the coming days.

I'm bummed: That it's raining. I know, that's a contradiction---grateful and bummed at the same time. Still, it's the truth. I've only been in the pool twice so far this summer. This is way late for such cool and dismal weather.

I am hearing: tv news.

Around the house and garden: Stephanie and Mindy had friends over to the pool yesterday. I had planned to float for a bit to get some sun---I'm still pretty much "winter white." But, I don't do "public" sunbathing---only immediate family and very close friends---and never any men (outside of the family, that is).

In other news: I've signed up to take a new online class by Heidi Swapp. I was determined to play around with mists and masks this past week. The results were not all that great. I turned lemons in to lemonade, which I'll share. So, it seemed providential when HS's Stencil Magic appeared in my inbox.

One of my favorite things right now: Going to 7:30 a.m. Mass at St. Henry's. This is the earliest Mass   I've been able to find. If we can't go at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday (mostly due to golf), then I like to go early. That way, I still have a full day ahead of me.

I appreciateSatellite tv---even thought it has just gone out due to the storm. Another bummer.

I remember: We were reminiscing at Happy Hour on Friday about how many speeding tickets we've gotten over the years. Funny, I can remember how many Butch has gotten, but now how many I've gotten---I think it's just 2---a few warnings, too.

I forgot: This week, I left my favorite knife at the farm. I've put it on my calendar to remind Karolyn to get it for me when they go over the 4th of July.

I regret : that we're having a hard time getting a date for Steph's wedding. Christ the King Church has been less than cooperative. Stephanie and Nicky have an appointment on Tuesday to get it nailed down.

How the weekend is shaping up: As I write this, I'm in the middle of it. Butch played golf yesterday. We girls met the guys for a very late lunch at The Corner Pub for those fabulous steak burgers they only serve on Saturday. They are fabulous. They also have a wonderful dessert---the blondie---but I refrained from getting it. Now I regret that!

Hope your weekend is going well!!

4 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed reading this post....what i'd give to have a pool (it would have to be indoors though cos of our terrible weather!) enjoy the rest of your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your random thoughts posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your random thoughts! I have the same feeling about rain lately - grateful because our lakes are down and we are on Stage 3 water restrictions, but bummed because gray days seem to zap my energy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a great quote..definitely one to remember.

    We are having your taco mince bake again for dinner tonight. It's a big hit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.