Monday, April 29, 2013

A Month's Worth of Layouts

 I'm finally getting around to scrapbooking about our trip to England in the fall of 2011. I realized a long time ago that I do not want to scrapbook an entire album about each trip we take---especially since Butch is retired and we are traveling so much. Instead, I do one double-page spread that is a fold out.
 By opening up, it gives me 6 pages to work with. I use a "timeline" format. It's just how my organized mind thinks. I used a zig zag stitch straight across the pages to make the line.
 Mindy goes to NOLA every year for Mardi Gras. This layout will go in to her album.



 This page is in honor of my dad who died at the age of 36 from a heart attack. On the right side, is a page out of the family phone log. I picked this page because my dad was writing a statement for a radio program that he appeared on. I'm happy to have this sampling of his handwriting.
 Morgan and her Nathional Honor Society induction.

 "Get away Girls" about our Eads family retreat that we have every year. The flower on the left is a great way to use bits from scraps that you just can't bear to throw away.
 "Some Things Will Never Change" is a layout about---no matter what changes come in the future, the trees will continue to change. I purposely showed some gorgeous trees amidst some power lines. Most likely, the power lines will disappear, but those trees will keep changing colors.


 I did a little close-up here so you could see that I used a dimensional paint on top of the die cut letters to make them stand out a bit more.


 Here's another double page fold-out about our trip through New England. I had so many photos, that I used them to cut the title "Meandering Through New England."
 Here's that page opened up.
 On this layout, I used scraps and punched squares. I then rounded the corners and sewed them down. I did that at the farm. I'm ashamed to admit that my bobbin thread ran out last fall. I haven't taken the time to get out the book to figure out how to refill it. Can you tell that I don't really know how to sew?
This is my layout for AYM. I used old phone book pages, tore them in to strips, pleated them and sewed them with a red zig zag stitch.

I have the rest of the AYM layouts posted on the AYM Blog.


3 comments:

  1. Gosh, you really are good at fitting a lot in! I used fold out pages too in an album for my dd and found them a great space saver. I am glad you have some of your Dad's handwriting - that must be very special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so admire what an effective scrapbooker you are! It's all on there..photos and story, all looking good.

    36...that's shockingly young. You can't have been very old when that happened..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you've managed to get the story down to a fold out double page, I do like those gated pages.

    Seeing handwriting is always special isn't it? Glad that you have that from your Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.