Wednesday, March 20, 2013

It's the Little Things...

...that make me happy! I've always said that. Now I have to make a confession. It's also the little things that drive me nuts! Case in point:
 The kitchen has been his office for 3 years now. I get that. I'm even okay with it (well, at least it's not worth fighting over). But, seriously, does he have to use EVERY chair? They are constantly all askew.
 I'm pretty used to this now. Do I like it? Not really. But, it's his house too---I keep reminding myself.
 Luckily, he doesn't mind the tablecloth. I asked him if he wanted me to remove it, but he said, "no." I'm good with that. However....
I don't understand why he can't close the pantry door.  I realize that it's a little thing, but still...
 He has this really nice office. Granted, it can be a bit dark and cold---and it doesn't get internet access.
No internet would even be a deal breaker for me. Still, it's a nice room with all his stuff---well, except for what he's "storing" in the kitchen.
Then I couldn't resist snapping a shot of this. We got a new tv on my Birthday, January 11th. JANUARY 11TH!!! At the time, I said, "why don't we get the boys to take this out to the garage at happy hour tonight?" It weighs two tons. He said, "okay." But when the time came, he said, "no, we don't want to mess with that now." I said, "well, if you don't do it now, it will sit up there for a month!" Hmmphh! It's been two months now! I'm telling you, that "thing" is not moving any time soon. I'm betting it will be at least June before it's gone. (Go ahead, bet me).
Then we move on to the master bath. When you walk in, it looks like this (notice the 3 pairs of shoes on the floor). I have to see this so his closet can stay like this:

 Absolutely perfect!
Absolutely
Perfect!

Now in all fairness, I have my fair share of messes in the bathroom. I think that could be a throwback from my teen years. And I'm sure there are tons of little things that drive him crazy about me. But really, I can't think of any. Only kidding. Don't you think it would be fair for him to snap a few shots of the things that drive him nuts? If he does, I'll give him equal time!!

Luckily, after 42 years, we're both pretty laid back about stuff like this. These little things might drive me crazy, but they don't raise by blood pressure. At least not to the strokeenducingpoint!

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I'll make a bet - because I know for a fact that my husband would leave the tv there too. he seems to be able to look past stuff. For a very long time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think it's not too bad . . . except maybe that pantry door (now that would drive me crazy, too! LOL). Sometimes it is just the little things that make us crazy, but without a little crazyness just think how boring life would be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny the little things that annoy us. The pantry door wouldn't bother me, but it would drive my husband NUTS if it was always open LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pantry door would but me, when my beloved leaves in the morning and I walk back into the bedroom to swap it into 'my office' the first thing I do is close the wardrobe doors....

    I mentioned it once and he'd never noticed that he reopens then every evening :lol:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.