Saturday, March 30, 2013

I'm Back!

I got home from a fun week of scrapbooking at the farm yesterday morning at 9 a.m. Morgan and I immediately left for some shopping. We started with Target---and found her all kinds of really cute clothes. Then it was on to the mall to American Eagle. They were running 40% off your entire purchase! We did some serious damage there. We met Butch for lunch at Red Lobster---Good Friday, you know.

I dropped Morgan off at Steph's office. All the girls were going for manis and pedis. I came home for a quick nap before happy hour---which started at 3 p.m. That was so much fun. We ended up ordering pizza. They all left at 7:45.

Needless to say, I haven't even unpacked yet. And, I have cooking to do, class kits to make, bills to pay. A lot of stuff to do when you've been away. Still worth it.

At the farm, I introduced some to Downton Abbey and others to the first two seasons. We had some questions and I said I would ask my "internet" friends from the UK.

1. Is this show as popular there as it is in the states?
2. Besides Maggie Smith and Elizabeth McGovern, we don't know any of the other actors and actresses. Are they well-known there?
3. A lot of really "big" stuff happened in season 3. We cried all the way through. Not wanting to give anything away to some who may not know---Is it really true? How can it be? I'm broken hearted.

Any insight you might have would be appreciated!

Happy Easter to all!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home :-) I am glad you had a good weekend. I don't watch Downton Abbey so I can't answer your questions. However I do know that it is popular over there and some of the other actors are well known. It seems to be popular worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't watch DA either and am definitely the wrong person to ask about how well known the people are :lol: But

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully someone else will be able to answer.

      I'm looking forward to getting out and about next week too - as long as the weather improves.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.