Monday, March 18, 2013

Flea Market Finds

I finally got everything cleaned up and photographed so you can see what treasures I found.

As you can see, I found all kinds of goodies.
 I found several cool clocks for my collection. The frame is pretty awesome---it has a vintage pin at the center of the bow. I also picked up a couple of old cameras. One will go to Morgan for her birthday. I'll keep the other for myself.
 I couldn't pass up this old coffee percolator. Very 1950's with the turquoise flowers.
 I love bargains. It was $4.50.
 The little date book is from the 1940's. The pages will turn up in an AYM kit soon. The vintage flash cards will too.
 The girls like vintage jewelry. The white beads are vintage---they look like something my grandmother would have worn. The other two necklaces aren't that old, but they're still nice. I loved the frame with the little girl in her school uniform.
 This is the vintage frame I found for Connie. It's an 8x10 opening. I was really tempted to keep if for myself, but I don't need any more as my wall is complete.
 This is my new latest obsession (thanks to one of my blog friends). It's Staffordshire Liberty Blue china. This dessert plate has Monticello on it. The color is perfect for my kitchen!
I don't know what it is about old stuff. I didn't really start to appreciate it until about 15 or 20 years ago. I don't have many family heirlooms, but I treasure the ones I do. I always wonder about what the stories are behind all this stuff. Who owned it? Did they love it? I wish I knew more about the family things that I have. I guess that's why I'm so passionate about telling the stories of our lives. I just know that there is going to come a time when someone will want to know about my stuff. Of course, I can't document everything, but I can make sure to leave behind the stories of the important things. At least I'm trying.


4 comments:

  1. I'm making a layout today about some of the little bits and pieces I have brought from my Mum's house..another man's treasure I think I'll call it..so this chimed with me today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fantastic finds - such a fun collection of items. I picked up a similar date book a while back & used some of the pages in a mini-album and still have some to use on layouts or in art journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOOOH! Lots of pretties :-) Including a LOVELY plate! LOL I am glad your ebay purchase arrived. It is such beautiful dinnerware. I love the old camera you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wookie loved visiting Monticello - TJ is greatly admired here. Fun to see your bargains - enjoy drinking coffee from your new pot :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.