Friday, February 15, 2013

Wassup?


Outside my window: Still dark here in Edwards, Colorado (Beaver Creek). Directly out the window is a fir tree covered in tiny white lights. You can see them glistening on the snow.
I am thinking: About how much work I intended to accomplish while out here---that's not getting done. By next year, I'm hoping to be back on the slopes. I did get all my photos organized and deleted 725 from my phone. Since you have to do them one at a time, it took awhile. In my organizational classes, I preach about dealing with and organizing your photots EVERY time you take them---and I love that they are instantly on my computer---I never bothered with them on my phone. I don't use them from there. Still, I've only had my phone since November and I've already taken 784 pictures. Won't be making the mistake of waiting that long again.

I am thankful for:  Good friends to travel with and places to go and the money to do it with.
Barb, Karolyn, Bruce and Butch
These little boys were sitting across from us at the airport. They had been running around, wrestling and being typical boys when their parents made them settle down. They all had some sort of video game. Reminded us of when we started these ski trips with our own children 18 years ago. Time has sure flown by.

From the kitchen: We're having some good meals here, but keeping it simple. Last night, we grilled some lean pork and had a salad and baked potato. Tonight, it's BBQ shrimp---love that and it's Lent---you know---no meat on Fridays. However, I think when you are over 60, technically you do not have to fast or abstain. Speaking of religion, I just have to share a few jokes. Since I'm Catholic, I can do that!
An Irishman goes into the confessional box after years of being away from the Church.
Inside he finds a fully equipped bar with Guinness on tap. On one wall there's a row of decanters with fine Irish whiskey and Waterford crystal glasses. On the other wall is a dazzling array of the finest cigars and chocolates. Then the priest comes in.
"Father, forgive me, for it's been a very long time since I've been to confession, but Imust first admit that the confessional box is much more inviting than it used to be."

The priest replies: "Get out, you moron, you're on my side".
***************************************************
What do you call a pope that resigns?
 Ex-Benedict
*****************************************************
The word is out. Pope Benedict is too pooped to pope.
*****************************************************

I am wearing: red sweatshirt, black cords, socks and slippers.


I am hoping: that the few hives I have popping up are not an indication of worse to come. Not worried---I'll get along just fine. Just thought it was over. 

I am reading: The Peach Keeper---very good so far, but I'm only a quarter in to it. There's some mystery to uncover.

I am busy creating: class handouts and plans for future classes. Finished yo-yo tutorial.

I am hearing: piano music Kiss the Rain by Yiruma.

Around the house and garden: Since I got home on Sunday and turned around and left on Wednesday, all I had time to do was pay bills and prepare class kits from January and February for a few new members of my--- A Year of Memories workshop.

In other news: I've offered to help Mindy and Stephanie create a net worth statement. I thought that might be a good motivator to see their assets growing---for them to keep up the good work. 
Mindy's response:
"What do you mean 'it's quick and easy at my age'? Are you trying to say my "net worth" is low?!? Just Kidding... That sounds good to me. I have never heard of such a thing so I'm up for learning it. Plus I would like to get an idea of how much disposable income I can spend on shoes and other various accessories." 
I think she's confusing this with a budget. My good intentions just might backfire.

One of my favorite things right now: Learning new things on my iPhone. When we landed in Denver, I was wondering how my hair looked after the 2 1/2 hour flight. I typed "mirror" in the apps search and---there ya' go. Free mirror app. Working on putting all of my frequent shopper and loyalty cards on the "keyring" app. I won't have to carry those cards around anymore. Thanks, Sharon, for that tip.

I appreciate -the Kid President that I just discovered from Ali Edwards. You MUST check him out here:  A Pep Talk. I am inspired and learn so much from the blogs I follow.
I remember -that I have to prepare my blog post for Operation Organization for Monday. Not looking forward to this assignment---it's what I've been putting off, but no more. It's time to tackle it and knock it out! Who's with me?? Come on, you can do it---and you'll feel so good after!
I forget -names all too frequently---especially when I see someone out of the context of when I normally see them. Wish I could be better.
I regret -that I haven't yet discovered what "big thing" I need to do next in my life. It can be a little thing---I just want to know what I'm meant to do. I'm thinking it has to do with "old people."
How the weekend is shaping up: We'll be coming home from out ski trip on Sunday to dinner with the family. Since neither Mindy or Stephanie are really cooks, it will be interesting.

Looking forward to Monday---President's Day and spending time with my little girlies who aren't so little any more. We're doing lunch at Cheeseburger Charley's and the movie Identity Theft.




2 comments:

  1. thanks for the tips on taking pictures with your phone. I always use my camera for the reason I don't want all the pic's on my phone:):):) Have a great day barbra!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very interesting read. I noticed that you said you had an iPhone and thought I would let you know that you can delete multiple photos at once. Go to photos, then choose the album you want to delete photos from. At the top right is an 'edit' button. After tapping that you can now select multiple photos to do things to like email, copy ... One of the options is delete. It makes deleting photos very quick. If you can't follow this on your phone you may have an earlier version of iOS and you will then see this after updating your software. Hope this makes sense as I would add screenshots if I could.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.