Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What's Going On



Outside my window: It's a cold, grey, drizzly sort of day.

I am thinking: How happy I am to be getting caught up on all of my "computer work"---blog update, photo editing/organizing/printing, blog reading, AYM class handouts, Cricut information update, Gyspsy update, Words with Friends, Facebook, emails and I might even have a little time to browse around on Pinterest. That's such a time consuming site, that I only do it about once or twice a week.

I am thankful for: A little time alone. Butch has been out-of-town overnight. Don't get me wrong, I love that he's retired. But I do like having the tv to myself!

From the kitchen: Homemade cranberry orange muffins from the freezer---Sandy's recipe---they freeze really well. I'll be making a pot of chili later.

I am wearing: Black cords (that sounds better than corduroy) with a pink sweater, socks and my slippers, of course.

I am hoping: to finish my book this afternoon.

I am reading: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Really good.

I am busy creating: I have everything laid out to start on my AYM layout. Maybe I'll have time to start today.

I am hearing: a song from Enya on Pandora.

Around the house and garden: I haven't been out to the garden yet. Still organizing around the house. This week it's the bathroom vanity and make-up table.

In other news: Our last remaining scrapbook store is closing:(

One of my favorite things right now: Stitching in front of the tv while watching Downton Abbey. This is still my favorite from last week. I'm waiting on a couple of fibers that needed to be ordered to finish up. Very frustrating---I'm "that" close.
I haven't decided yet, whether this will be a pillow or framed as a picture. It was done on 13 count. Plus, with the heart background---which went really fast, it only took me 3 weeks.
   I have just the tiniest bit--- a half inch to go with the lime green neon rays. None of my stitching            friends had any of it either.

 This is another story. This one took me about a year. I only worked on it between my projects with Connie and Nancy.
This is about a 3" section of the flooring. It will take 15 minutes, tops---to finish. This one is going to be a picture. 

How the weekend is shaping up: After "happy hour" Butch and I will go to poker. I don't know where we girls are going to dinner. Seeing Les Miserables again and lunch with Mindy on Saturday---my birthday present from her. 


3 comments:

  1. OH lovely embroidery! I would have to frame both of them. I couldn't sit on my embroidery it might wear out! I would probably give them as gifts once they were framed. I have quite a few counted cross-stitch pictures on my wall. I love the Dimensions kits of paintings by Charles Wysocki and I have quite a few more to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your needlework is amazing - you do everything fast, son't you?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What very lovely stitching/needlework you do ... I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide for the first piece. And I do understand about appreciating the space and the quiet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.