Saturday, January 12, 2013

One Little Word

I've been choosing one little word to focus on for a year for awhile now (to find out more about that, go here. This year, I decided that my word is going to be AWARE. I do a pretty good job of paying attention to the details of my life ever since I chose GRATEFUL, but by focusing on this word, I think it will remind me even more. At least that's the plan.

How's that organization coming along? I'm sure by now you are AWARE of all that needs to be done. Take a deep breath. It's not too late to get started. This week is supposed to be the kitchen. If you haven't found the time to get started, don't worry---all is not lost. Just pick one cabinet or one drawer in the kitchen to do this weekend. Even if you don't do the whole thing, you will get some satisfaction. Maybe enough satisfaction to follow along on Organization Mondays.

On to a few things:
Butch needed a new brown belt. He was so happy to find these on sale.
On top of the sale price, he had some Kohl's bucks. They were almost free. You know how he likes that---doesn't everyone?
Freezing at the Titans game. I was the only "lady" who braved it---and I don't even like the games.
 New Year's Eve party 1920's style. 

 Looking Mindacious.

Besides partying, she's been cooking too---actually for the first time in her condo that she's been in for a year. She travels for work, so in her defense, she's not home much---nor does she know how to cook. Than goodness for Pinterest.
 No explanation necessary.
 And these are all of those invitations that I'm still cutting out. I think I might be about half way through with them by now.
This is the best invention ever---well behind running water and flush toilets. One of my friends told me about them, but I forget who. Thanks----whoever...

Later...
BE

2 comments:

  1. Aware - sounds like a good one to choose. I'm currently listening to mine - NOURISH. Which means I'm ignoring the mess in the kitchen (kids will clean later), the toys piled in corners (I'll sort the toy box tomorrow) and sitting down to read STS and associated posts. First time since last weekend.

    NOURISHing myself and my friendships :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good word.

    Slow cooker liners? I'm in! I very nearly dropped mine this morning trying to wash the inside of it. It's so cumbersome

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.