Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Miscellaneous

I love my UGGS. I'm not particularly fond of how they look, but they are so comfortable and warm. However, I have the sweater type and they really stretched out. They are kind of loose and sloppy. I always wash things when I feel like I have nothing to lose. Well, they washed up just fine, but didn't shrink like I'd hoped they would. I put them in the dryer. They got a little tighter, but just for a little bit. Now they are all stretched out again. I might just have to let them go.
 Another thing that needed a bath. This basket was really dusty down in the cracks. After all, it is about 25 years old. I ran it through the dishwasher and it came out just fine.
I keep this on my scrapbook table. It's from Starbucks a couple years ago---but it could be my personal mission statement. 
 Morgan brought me this porcelain mug from her trip to England. Of course, I love it!
I love the Rosary she brought me from Ireland---and the fact that it's green. She also brought me a St. Patrick's medal. Thoughtful gifts for me.
I had to post this on Facebook. The parking garage at the movie theater has really narrow parking spaces. I've been blocked in more than once and I don't park over the line. I'm actually parked next to the guy that went over the line. I parked on the right of him since there was so much room. I knew I wouldn't be blocked. When I came out, this is what I saw. I would have loved to see his face when he saw that someone blocked him in anyway. (I realize it could be a woman too---but I'm pretty sure it was a man that parked that close to teach him a lesson.)
I couldn't resist this pill box at the Container Store. I don't even carry pills in my purse. But for 99 cents, I couldn't resist. I put the Sharpie in the picture so you could get an idea of the size.
Here is how I had my spices. Then I saw the tiered shelf at the Container Store. I'm not sure it's much better, but at least I can see everything a little better.

I haven't started any cleaning out in my office yet. I'm hoping it won't take that long. We'll see. I've got a pretty busy week. Mondays are usually my "work at home" day. But since it was MLK day, Connie was off work. I played instead. We went for our monthly pedicure, had lunch at Jonathans and then went and saw the movie, Broken City with Mark Wahlburg, Russell Crow and Catherine Zeta-Jones. It was really good.


1 comment:

  1. You have a real talent for pulling together a miscellany of bits of news and making it entertaining! A great read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.