Thursday, January 3, 2013

Final Christmas Post

A whole lot of random stuff to finish off our Christmas season. Now I need to take some time to have my blog printed for 2012. Just another way to scrapbook the times of our lives! 
 This is the restaurant size can of green beans that I made for the family. We had just a little leftover. Also, notice my giant "pumpkin spice" tin? That's one of my favorite holiday decorations.
 We got 2 sets of jams and biscuit mix from the Loveless Cafe---well known here in middle Tennessee. We think it could have been a mistake. It's from a company Butch does business with.
 Our stocked pantry for the holidays. We do go through a lot of food and drink. I should have taken an "after" picture---although it's still not that bare.

 I've never taken pictures from outside. This is our family room tree. It's a 9 ft. tall frazier fir and full of colorful ornaments.
 Mindy didn't win with this tree, but I thought it was really good. I forgot to include this picture in that post.
 Elizabeth had the cutest fake fingernails. I told her I want some next year for Christmas. We'll see if she remembers.
 Here she is all stylin' in her sparkly silver sequin top and shiny shoes.


 With a lazy stretch of his arm, Mitchell can nearly reach the top of our 9 footer!!
 Victoria in her black, sequin UGGS. We girls do like shiny things.



Homemade cranberry sauce. So good and so easy! I've never been a big lover of straight cranberries, but Sandy made this at Thanksgiving and I loved it.
 
 My mother wanted Sandy to have her wedding ring after she passed away. I love that she wears it.

 Stephanie and Nicky before our family trivia party.
 
 Butch and I with Morgan.
 
 From left, Sandy, Mitchell, Greg, Victoria and Elizabeth in front.
Morgan, Stephanie, and Jordan. About 3 years ago, we showed up at family trivia in red sweaters. That set the trend for us to make our team stand out (as if we needed that---numbers alone does it---12 of us). Last year, we all wore Santa hats. This year it was musical Christmas ties. This party has grown to nearly 50 now. We hosted the first party about 10 years ago to get all of the families of our friends together. The now adult (kids) all grew up together and have families of their own. Christmas is a good time as most are in town. The losing family has to host the next year. Our grandkids say it's the most fun thing we do each year. I love traditions!
 
 I put Mindy on the oyster casserole. She didn't like that job.
Everybody hard are work. This was about the time that Stephanie cut herself on the Saran Wrap roll. We really need to keep her out of the kitchen. Butch came to her rescue and cleaned her up.
 
The kids make fun of my organized cords. There are so many now that I have to have a way to keep up with what goes with what. Labeled ziplocks work great. Plus everyone knows where they are.
 
 One of the things I looked forward to the most was the Lapps family at their first Happy Hour. It was so much fun.
 I'm sorry this picture is so blurry, but I made a new drink for Christmas. It's a white cranberry martini with frozen cranberries. It was pretty good.
 More Happy Hour photos. Poor Morgan had to go to work, but Carson stayed for dinner and family fun.
 Aren't you supposed to look happier at Happy Hour?
 When it's time to open presents, we move all the furniture to give us plenty of room so everyone can see. We make an evening out of it by eating and opening gifts one at a time. 12 people mean a lot of gifts!

So there you have it, our Christmas wrap up. Let the New Year begin!!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a full and busy time! A great round up - and I love your family trivia party :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.