Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It's the Holiday Season...

...but that's no reason for me to fall behind with my blogging! I'm usually on top of everything. Here are a few things that have been going on around here. Just a lot of nonsense, but fun.

During my final Christmas shopping day, I stopped for lunch at Fifth and Pine---the restaurant inside Nordstrums. I had the best salad with chicken, pistachios, dried cherries and a cherry viniagarette dressing. I couldn't resist this to go along with it. I've never seen this on a restaurant menu before. Diet at that---heavenly lunch.
On Friday, I took some friends to the club for a ladies luncheon, Christmas concert and fashion show. I had to have a picture of Mr. Billy looking all festive.
Nancy here with me. Linda was in the bathroom---sorry. You could say that Mr. Billy is the Santa at the club---jolly and cheerful.

 Through the course of decorating, I moved mom's silverware chest that I keep in my hall closet. It was all moldy and did this to the carpet. Does anyone know why or how that happened? It's not like it's wet in there. I keep a lot of stuff in that closet and nothing like this has happened before.
Here's the culprit. I've now moved it to the pantry. I can't imagine why it was moldy. The box cleaned up just fine. The carpet, not so much.
I was not happy to see this ugly thing crawling around the entry. I think it might be a "stink bug" so I didn't kill it. I scooped it up with a kleenex and flushed it. Then I saw another one in the kitchen. That one I think I carried in with fresh greenery cut from my bushes. At least I hope so. If I see another one, you can be sure I'll have my bug man out here before you can say "holy bed bugs Batman."
 Nicky surprised me with this beautiful poinsettia at happy hour on Friday. My first red one of the season. Huge too. Very thoughtful of him!
 I just love this old house. There's a sign on it that says "Welch Library". It's near a college, but I don't think the college is in business anymore. For you locals, it's near 440 on Harding Rd.
 I think the roof is some sort of tile. I'd love to have it and the color too. The texture is so striking. Can you tell I never waste a moment---even at a stop light??!!
 My little nephew, Travis is pulling himself up now. He looks like a little half pint!! If I remember correctly, I think he's about 8 1/2 months old now.
Same baby, same age. Looks like the cart can swallow him up. If this is what they're selling at Target now, I want one!! Only kidding!

One thing I know for sure. If you think you are getting a bargain by buying Yankee Candles from anyplace but the Yankee Candle store, you aren't. They simply don't "smell." I'm so disappointed in the ones I bought from Target. Not worth the hassle of taking them back. Lesson learned.

Hopefully tomorrow, I'll tell you about my Sunday---even if it's Wednesday. Then maybe by the end of the week I can catch up with everything else. 

It's that happy, crazy, busy, never enough time for everything, time of the year!! Happy to you!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love Yankee Candle candles - they are on my Christmas list. When I was in the states in 2007 I looked hard at a small (122 mile) detour that would have taken us past their Massachusetts store...

    Sorry you were disappointed in the ones from Target.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you would like a response from me, then please leave your email address.